Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

Came from 500 points behind during a FFA match to win by a single kill last night (7 people in the match). One of the most tense and satisfying bits of gaming I've had for a while.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came from 500 points behind during a FFA match to win by a single kill last night (7 people in the match). One of the most tense and satisfying bits of gaming I've had for a while.

err...wrong thread chief!!!

Unless he was playing a FFA game on Red Dead Redemption of course.

I was indeed.

I was indeed.

My bad, only played the story mode so far. Online game modes any good?

My bad, only played the story mode so far. Online game modes any good?

I really like the multiplayer, it's obviously not got the depth of say something like COD, but because the actual combat is so satisfying I find it really addictive. There's plenty of different modes, lot's of challenges and a myriad of things to unlock.

Just heard to postman, and quite a heavy clunk hit the floor.

Please don't say it's Red Dead, I have an exam tomorrow!

:|

It might have broke when it hit the floor, therefore you will have to send it back and get another copy.

Or not..

I really should get on with more missions... done a few more but still not really got that far, I got completely sidetracking going round killing anything furry. Amassed a decent amount of money though so not all bad.

Did the Wolf challenge for master huntsman last night, bastards won't come near me with a knife again ;)

Did you buy the buffalo rifle? It's great for bear huntin'

Where can you buy this from? Thanks

Any of the gun shops. You need to have completed the hunter challenge where you kill and skin two cougars with your knife to unlock it though.

Think it's about level 6 of the challenge.

I got sidetracked last night!!

I planned to get the lasso and the bandana but I got the lasso, did a bit of horse-breaking, got sidetracked on a few stranger missions, then on my way through the desert I helped the cattle guy and was locked in a shoot out with about 15 baddies!

I finally made my way to Theives Landing (I found out that's where the bandana is) and got sidetracked again!

I hogtied some random fella, walked down to a pond (to try and drown him) and then a cougar jumped out at me!

I love this game :D

I really should get on with more missions... done a few more but still not really got that far, I got completely sidetracking going round killing anything furry. Amassed a decent amount of money though so not all bad.

Did the Wolf challenge for master huntsman last night, bastards won't come near me with a knife again ;)

Wait until you have to do the same with the cougars!

Did you buy the buffalo rifle? It's great for bear huntin'

Where can you buy this from? Thanks

Any of the gun shops. You need to have completed the hunter challenge where you kill and skin two cougars with your knife to unlock it though.

Think it's about level 6 of the challenge.

Thanks on that challenge now

I planned to get the lasso and the bandana but I got the lasso, did a bit of horse-breaking, got sidetracked on a few stranger missions, then on my way through the desert I helped the cattle guy and was locked in a shoot out with about 15 baddies!

I finally made my way to Theives Landing (I found out that's where the bandana is) and got sidetracked again!

I hogtied some random fella, walked down to a pond (to try and drown him) and then a cougar jumped out at me!

That's the best thing about it, getting sidetracked.

**** cougars.

I hogtied a woman on my first day of playing and took her into some bushes to shoot her in the head. Just as I'm about to pull the trigger I hear a train coming, so she gets a reprieve, I carried her down to the tracks to give her a much more violent death. I'm about to chuck her on the tracks when the train comes past and I have to back away to prevent also getting hit.

Reprieve number two, this lady is leading a charmed life. I put her down and draw my gun, to finally put her out of her misery, when a cougar jumps me and despite my best efforts, kills me. Lucky bitch! I can only assume the cougar killed her too, though knowing her luck it probably untied her and let her ride it home :bang:

I had similar tales of woe trying to railroad a hogtied nun. The first time, the train got to Casa Magrada about 10 seconds before I could dump her on the track in front of it, and wouldn't go any further. The second time, I was riding in front of a train, when she got shot by a random bullet by somebody hunting wolves.

The funny thing was, even when I left one of them tied up on the tracks facing impending doom from a Nayson special, she was still perfectly polite when I greeted her.

You know when you see someone being chased on foot and being shot at? (it's usually the law chasing a criminal) Do you know if you're allowed to shoot the crook?

I've only seen it a few times while on a mission so didn't want to get involved. It happened last night and I shot the Sheriff thinking they were just 2 random guys running around shooting

Â