PL: Stoke a Match Thread 2010/03/13 15:00

limpid

Our main outlet if not our only outlet, is Gabby on the break. Now we have two lumps up front, one being shoe-horned in as a MON favourite.

that was 18 months ago when we were playing a 4-5-1

now we have two big men to hold it up, two wingers and milner playing a free role in the middle of the pitch. carew and heskey are the best option to hit with long balls as an outlet rather than tring to get gabby round the back of a defence who wont move from the edge of their own penalty area for the entire game.

Our main outlet if not our only outlet, is Gabby on the break. Now we have two lumps up front, one being shoe-horned in as a MON favourite.

now we have two big men to hold it up, two wingers and milner playing a free role in the middle of the pitch. carew and heskey are the best option to hit with long balls as an outlet rather than tring to get gabby round the back of a defence who wont move from the edge of their own penalty area for the entire game.

On the other hand, what are we going to do when we are sitting at the edge of our own area looking to hit teams on the break? Which we have been doing for the past 3-4 years let alone 18 months.

What makes it worse is that regardless of Gabby's fitness we've got a 19 year old who can step up and do the job but doesn't get a look in.

Step up and do the job? You don't know that.

Draw today with the team we have picked, Spurs just won, that'll be it.

I think that would be a bit of an over reaction, for me Spurs fixture mean they are still some way from being favourites in this race. I think City are the big threat. A draw today will keep us in the race, a win will really put us in the mix.

What makes it worse is that regardless of Gabby's fitness we've got a 19 year old who can step up and do the job but doesn't get a look in.

you can look at it that way, or you could say: why throw a 19 year old kid in and leave an experienced international forward on the bench?

On the other hand, what are we going to do when we are sitting at the edge of our own area looking to hit teams on the break? Which we have been doing for the past 3-4 years let alone 18 months.

well we could try using the pace of say, young, milner and downing...

Draw today with the team we have picked, Spurs just won, that'll be it.

What will be it? We have games in hand on Spurs who will drop points as well. Can't understand that comment at all.

Anyway I sort of understand the selection if Gabby isn't 100%. I honestly believe if Carew is firing we will win.