PL: Stoke a Match Thread 2010/03/13 15:00

limpid

Well seeing as we are playing a mid week game if Gabby isn't 100% fit no need to start him. I am just hoping that we decide to actually start this game before the 2nd half because stoke will hurt us if we let them dominate as much of the game.

Thinking 2-0 with Carew and Milner to score

If Gabby isn't fit, he shouldn't be in the squad. I'm not happy with the Carew, Heskey partnership to be honest, but it could pay off for us. It's just a bit one dimensional.

I think whoever impresses most today will be first choice partner for Gabby until the end of the season.

If the Carew-Heskey partnership could do well against any team it would be Stoke surely.

Why would they do well against a team reknown for their aerial prowess?

If anything, you'd expect them to do well against an Arsenal type.

If the Carew-Heskey partnership could do well against any team it would be Stoke surely.

Because we are a team who like to cross the ball. :?

If Gabby was 100% I'd have gone with a Heskey - Gabby partnership today. I think it's our best combination. I actually don't think Heskey was any worse than anyone else in that first half against Reading.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Carew gets a goal or two today.

But why would they do well against Stoke?

You'd expect them to do well against team not reknown for being great in the air, not against a team that is reknown for being great in the air.....

You'd expect them to do well against team not reknown for being great in the air, not against a team that is reknown for being great in the air.....

If we didn't have 2 players good in the air up front, Stoke could head away our crosses all day, but with 2 big men we can compete with them better for balls into the box.

If we didn't have 2 players good in the air up front, Stoke could head away our crosses all day, but with 2 big men we can compete with them better for balls into the box.

But that still doesn't explain 'if they could do well against any team it would be Stoke surely' - when in reality, Stoke are probably the last team they'd be their most effective against.

But that still doesn't explain 'if they could do well against any team it would be Stoke surely' - when in reality, Stoke are probably the last team they'd be their most effective against.

:D As a team we like to cross so shouldn't we have players who have a better chance of competing against their big defenders compared to playing smaller players who would be less effective? We'll agree to disagree, hopefully I am right!

Hmmmm

Just can't see it - Reading is one thing.

Draw today with the team we have picked, Spurs just won, that'll be it.

Personally I think to play against Stoke, you need pace and movement.

Heskey and Care standing there is just playing into their centre halves hands.

But , what do I know - I was screaming at half time last sunday !