PL: Stoke a Match Thread 2010/03/13 15:00

limpid

Sorry lads, Stoke 2-1 Villa

We will go 1-0 up at half time, Gabby - but they will pull it back and score a late winner again

Ever the optimist?

Er, I think you'll find you are always negative and boring, whereas I am not.

Where as I find your debating skill diffcult to match in it's intelligence, I think you may just find that you are wrong ner ner ner ner ner.!

as long a sfuellar doesnt do a moment of magic like last season (thats all he did that was memorable) then we have a chance. all we have to do is get delap and someone to accidently fall on his arms and their paly will be affected!

Stoke have played tonight so there should be no excuses of fatigue surrounding Saturday's match. However, I would like O'Neill to mix it up a bit, particularly with us playing again in midweek.

I would play:

---------------------Friedel

-Cuellar----Collins------Dunne----Warnock

-Albrighton---Milner---Petrov---Ash Young

--------------Carew------Gabby

Although in reality O'Neill will definitely play Downing ahead of Marc.

We will go 1-0 up at half time, Gabby - but they will pull it back and score a late winner again

Ever the optimist?

Where as I find your debating skill diffcult to match in it's intelligence, I think you may just find that you are wrong ner ner ner ner ner.!

Intelligence? 'Its' doesn't have an apostrophe as you are not shortening the word from 'it is'. Great intelligence there.

Where did I say your predictions are always negative and boring? I said YOU are negative and boring, there is a succinct difference in which you have failed to notice - it's not just your predictions which are boring, mate.

In which case that is post on poster by your own admission so I'll remind you that it is against site rules. Please do not repeat this. Trent

Ever the optimist?

Intelligence? 'Its' doesn't have an apostrophe as you are not shortening the word from 'it is'. Great intelligence there.

Where did I say your predictions are always negative and boring? I said YOU are negative and boring, there is a succinct difference in which you have failed to notice - it's not just your predictions which are boring, mate.

And I am negative and boring based on what? Do you know me ? I would hope not to be honest but you never know.

You see there has to be something that you have based your opinion on and as it was posted in a predictions thread surely even you can see the linkages?

Etherington played for them last night so he will obviously be back and is a big player for them. Tuguy was meant to be good as well so he will be a threat. Any news on our squad regarding injuries ?

Just MON saying Gabby should be over his stomach virus and fit to play. Apparently one of the physio's came down with similar so they're hoping it's not something that will spread through the squad!

Go on then I'd go:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Downing Milner Petrov Young

Carew Gabby.

Why, when it's become patently clear that we use Cuellar at right back primarily for games against sides who go for a direct/physical approach, would we change it and bring in Young for a game against Stoke, the new architects of the direct/physical approach?

I think if all are fit it's fairly obvious that Collins, Cuellar and Dunne will all play, and rightly so too with them fooking throw-ins!

I think it'll be a draw, 2-2 again though IMO if anyone's going to win then it's more likely to be them......we never really got to grips with them in last seasons fixture and I fear the same might occur again.

I wonder how important us letting them score that 3rd goal in the 93rd minute last year has actually been for them and their development?

Something to consider....

Ceullar at RB could be useful for the arial threat that Stoke provide, however Etherington is a huge threat for them and I can see him giving Ceullar the run around! Therefore id throw in Luke Young...but fully expect MON to keep the same defence.