PL: Stoke a Match Thread 2010/03/13 15:00

limpid

What i want to know is...

Why is it that we concede next to no goals from corners in the premier league. May even have been zero.

But when we play championship sides, defending them becomes our weak point. Reading and Palace had a field day from set pieces.

Any road, offtopic i know.

Go on then I'd go:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Downing Milner Petrov Young

Carew Gabby.

Why, when it's become patently clear that we use Cuellar at right back primarily for games against sides who go for a direct/physical approach, would we change it and bring in Young for a game against Stoke, the new architects of the direct/physical approach?

I think if all are fit it's fairly obvious that Collins, Cuellar and Dunne will all play, and rightly so too with them fooking throw-ins!

Didn't realise we had to predict the line-up rather than voice an opinion on what I believe it should be.

What I find even more strange is that overall in the Premier League we've been next to impossible to score against (that second goal conceded against Burnley was a result of the large number of goals we scored that day, so I'm not gonna count it), and yet in the cups we've been leaking goals, but also scoring loads as well. Bar Crystal Palace away I don't think we've scored less than 3 goals in a game in the FA Cup.

Nervous about this one, so I think it's time for another extra-pessimistic prediction:

Stoke 3 Villa 0

Very poor performance by Villa. The biggest talking point of the game will be a Rory Delap throw-in that goes into the net and is given as a goal despite replays showing that nobody actually touched it. This will give the "dubious goals panel" a headache because there is nobody they can credit the goal to.

Nervous about this one, so I think it's time for another extra-pessimistic prediction:

Stoke 3 Villa 0

Very poor performance by Villa. The biggest talking point of the game will be a Rory Delap throw-in that goes into the net and is given as a goal despite replays showing that nobody actually touched it. This will give the "dubious goals panel" a headache because there is nobody they can credit the goal to.

I hope you're joking.

Stoke 3 Villa 0

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Stoke 3 Villa 0

I hope you're joking.

It's my "lucky" prediction. When I make a prediction, it's always a 3-0 or 4-1 defeat. So far we've always won (five times out of five), so I'll stand by it.

Villa to play very poorly and go down 3-0 here.

I've stuck a quid on Agbonlahor first scorer in a 2-1 Villa win.

Will certainly be a tough match though; I wouldn't want to put any larger amount of money on a Villa victory! Providing we're defensively solid, though, we should be able to break them down (with patience).