PL: Stoke a Match Thread 2010/03/13 15:00

limpid

I think it will be a loss or a draw. I can't see us getting a result against Stoke at the Brittannia. I would play Cuellar at RB to cope with Stoke's height from set pieces. We need Carew to be on form for this match

I think it will be a loss or a draw. I can't see us getting a result against Stoke at the Brittannia. I would play Cuellar at RB to cope with Stoke's height from set pieces. We need Carew to be on form for this match

Are you joking?

why so negative?

Stoke have a midweek game too.. theyll be more tired than us.

Our players will be pumped up not to let a repeat of last season, where the downfall began.

I'm going to this game fully expecting us to take all 3 points and the Villa players should be going into it expecting to have to run their socks off to ensure we get those 3 points. There's no place for complacency or indecisiveness, we've got to take this game by the scruff of the neck and really stake our claim for that 4th spot.

Sorry lads, Stoke 2-1 Villa

We will go 1-0 up at half time, Gabby - but they will pull it back and score a late winner again

Do you have the exact times of the scorers as well?

Sorry lads, Stoke 2-1 Villa

We will go 1-0 up at half time, Gabby - but they will pull it back and score a late winner again

I agree, well not necessarily the score but i think Stoke will win.

I don’t.

I think we’re a top side who shook off our cup final defeat hangover in the second 45 at Reading, after being reminded that actually, we’re not too shabby an outfit.

I think Stoke are a decent side, strong at home, but will suffer from going to Turf Moor and being without Etherington and Shawcross. A draw at the least, but I wouldn’t be shocked by a Villa win.

Shawcross is out is a massive blow for them and something we can take advantage of. I still remember last season going there, not knowing what they were about and just losing. We can win this game and i don;t understand the negativity, Stoke are a decent side at home but we have strengths that will win us this game, the ability to deal with long balls with Dunne, Collins and Cuellar.

This will be an expected tough afternoon - they'll be throwing the ball in the air as usual and bearing in mind how poor we were at Reading in dealing with set pieces we need to up our game because Stoke can definitley punish us.

Etherington is their best player and Tuncay can finish if given the chance. Its a bonus them missing Shawcross and if big John Carew is feeling like playing as he did in the 2nd half at The Majeski Stadium then he can make an impact on their defence.

Im sure it will be a tight game - but a good chance for us to keep up with the rest of the chasers for 4th. Id rather see Luke Young at RB but think he'll keep Ceullar for more height in the box. Id maybe expect MON to throw in Gabby for Heskey or could even see him keeping the front two.

Let's try our best to avenge last season's last minute heart breat at the Shitania Stadium!

Shawcross is out is a massive blow for them and something we can take advantage of. I still remember last season going there, not knowing what they were about and just losing. We can win this game and i don;t understand the negativity, Stoke are a decent side at home but we have strengths that will win us this game, the ability to deal with long balls with Dunne, Collins and Cuellar.
A lot of people have a tendency to grossly overestimate Stoke because of what happened this time last year.

Stoke are a good team but not so good that we have no hope of getting anything better than a draw.

I feel that the Reading game could be a turning point for us. I'm sure coming back from a Carling Cup final defeat and being 2-0 at half time in such a fashion probably had a good effect on the players, not to mention we might start to see more of Carew now that he's getting more confident.

it's going to be a horribly tense 90 minutes but for some reason i'm feeling quite optimistic. the fact that they have a game tomorrow night really plays into our hands i think. as long as we can get through the first 60 minutes without conceding and preferably nicking a goal then i think we will be ok. stoke are a good side though.