The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Ok so today is the day i can finally upgrade my phone.

Had the iPhone 3GS 32GB on a 24 month contract with 02, and now i can upgrade. Yippee i thought...

Went to upgrade on line and its telling me that to upgrade to just a 16GB iphone 4, staying on my same tariff, which is £37 a month, and taking out a 18 month contract the phone is going to cost me £200! Are people pulling the wool over my eyes when they tell me they have upgraded for free?

Give retentions a call, you will get a much better deal than that.

Thanks stubbo. How much do you think i should expect to pay for it?

Probably a bit too late lol

I have had a £15pm discount on my £35 contract for the last 2 1/2 years,even when I upgraded to ip4,but that was because the numpty in the shop carried over my previous retention deal when I upgraded on launch day. I see no reason why you couldn't get that deal or even better with the launch of the new phone in a couple of months.

Hold on until the iphone 5 comes out in august. You'll get great deals on iphone 4 then.,

Or you can simply go get a galaxy S2 and have the best phone. :D

It doesn't come out in August.

And the S2 will not be the best phone when the ip5 does land :winkold:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Seriously dude just wait a couple of months and you'll save a fortune. The moment the iphone 5 comes out they'll slash the prices for the iphone 4.

They won't. Or they didn't slash the price of the 3GS by a "fortune" when the 4 came out. IIRC it was a fiver a month cheaper.

Just wait (and pay) for the 5. If you're willing to pay £35 a month for a phone you might as well pay an extra £5 and get the best phone on the market.

Which they want to **** hurry up with frankly. I've been due an upgrade for a month and I'm getting twitchy!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it looks like the iPhone 5 will be hitting stores in October. Or will it? Samsung may have something to say about that...

I hope that Samsung go through with it and attempt to get the phone banned in the UK to be honest. Apple are always fast enough to do it to everyone else. The shame of it all is that I doubt the phone will actually be banned.

Well, it looks like the iPhone 5 will be hitting stores in October. Or will it? Samsung may have something to say about that...

I hope that Samsung go through with it and attempt to get the phone banned in the UK to be honest. Apple are always fast enough to do it to everyone else. The shame of it all is that I doubt the phone will actually be banned.

And thank christ for that. I'm actually looking forward to the iPhone5, like millions of others. Samsung could be making a rod for their own back here, because they're going to lose.

They won't lose. There will be a settlement and both sides will agree to cross-license. Apple will sell more units, so they will probably end up paying Samsung. We as customers are unlikely to be told the details and the lawyers will make a fortune.

That's patent law in a nutshell.

I know that the patent trolling is done by smaller subsidiaries of a much larger company, but I always find it odd when Apple and Samsung go to war given that Apple is arguably Samsung's best customer when it comes to buying CPUs and RAM. Half the guts inside the iPhone and iPad are made by Samsung. The screens still might be too, they certainly used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot do it, I just cannot.. :( I am getting my 4s tomorrow, I can't go to Nexus, even people around me sum it up by saying the Iphone plans my life out. I'd be lost without it (and I proved that to myself, I went out without it today and I actually struggled when I had to make notes, reminders, check e-mails and more)

So, back down from me and I am up to get mine tomorrow

ios 5 is pretty good although the update is much better on the ipad imo,gestures and tabbed browsing make all the difference ,along with wireless syncing this will make my laptop redundant.

Â