The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

You only just got an iphone 4. You'll have that for around 18 months won't you? You've no idea what will be new out around then. With windows phone 7 a mature platform by then and the android market will have caught up on the app store by then too.

The iphone may well be left behind like the imac was in the 90's. Have you even used an android phone yet? I'm dying to get hold of a windows phone to try it out.

It's the hayday of the smartphone and apple are no longer the innovators. So keep an open mind ;)

You only just got an iphone 4. You'll have that for around 18 months won't you? You've no idea what will be new out around then. With windows phone 7 a mature platform by then and the android market will have caught up on the app store by then too.

nope! i got in ona 12 month contract with tesco mobile. and its more minutes than o2 and orange offered :)

is there a big differnce from angry bird light and normal angry birds?

fantatsic game so addictive

Depends what he means, theres more than 1 way to listen to an iPhone/iPod in a car.

Assuming he means an FM transmitter, they're very hit and miss. They work by effectively connecting a short range radio transmitter to the bottom of the iPod and then tuning the radio into the frequency. If you're lucky they're great. If you're not, they're useless.

You can also buy simple connectors that just connect a wire to the back of the radio and then connects up the iPhone/iPod, which we've done in our car and works very well, but is a bit more full on in set up and so on.

If you've got a CD changer a number of them have a connection on the back that simply requires a headphone line IIRC, but thats hit and miss on whether you're lucky enough to have one that has the input.

On the FM transmitters though, very hit and miss and even one that works perfectly won't work perfectly everywhere because of interference.

Depends what he means, theres more than 1 way to listen to an iPhone/iPod in a car.

Assuming he means an FM transmitter, they're very hit and miss. They work by effectively connecting a short range radio transmitter to the bottom of the iPod and then tuning the radio into the frequency. If you're lucky they're great. If you're not, they're useless.

You can also buy simple connectors that just connect a wire to the back of the radio and then connects up the iPhone/iPod, which we've done in our car and works very well, but is a bit more full on in set up and so on.

If you've got a CD changer a number of them have a connection on the back that simply requires a headphone line IIRC, but thats hit and miss on whether you're lucky enough to have one that has the input.

On the FM transmitters though, very hit and miss and even one that works perfectly won't work perfectly everywhere because of interference.

i bought a Parrot kit for the car, cost me about £50 on ebay. fitted it and now it plays all of my mp3's and i can talk handsfree in the car.

Yeh the FM transmitters are ok. I had an iTrip on my old Ipod classic. It works perfectly well but it's a bit of hassle. You need to find a blank radio frequency and then tune it in. Butif you're doing it for a long car journey, chances are as you drive into different areas that frequency will get used, or it'll tuneinto the outskirts of another radio frequency if that makes sense.

So on a long car journey you're regularly having to retune it in, so if you're on your own it's not very practical.

Haven't heard of this parrot kit, I may look into it as at the moment I've got nothingto play my ipod in the car. Was thinking of buying a stereo with an AV connection or a usb connection, but if that works and it's only £50 I may try that.

Anyone else not wake up this morning ?

Although my alarms were set for 7am and 7:05 ..they didn't go off until 8am and 08:05

rather weird

From what I have read it affects recurring alarms ie if you have an alarm that wakes you up at 6.00am every weekday then it will go off at 7.00am instead.

Deleting the alarm and then resetting it wont work either so it appears we have two options.

Set your alarm to go off an hour ealrier tahn you need it to so that it actually goes off on time or some people have had some success by setting individual alarms ie 6.00am on Monday, 6.0am on Tuesday etc through to Friday rather than use the repeat every weekday option.

Poor from Apple really.

Yeh the FM transmitters are ok. I had an iTrip on my old Ipod classic. It works perfectly well but it's a bit of hassle. You need to find a blank radio frequency and then tune it in. Butif you're doing it for a long car journey, chances are as you drive into different areas that frequency will get used, or it'll tuneinto the outskirts of another radio frequency if that makes sense.

So on a long car journey you're regularly having to retune it in, so if you're on your own it's not very practical.

Haven't heard of this parrot kit, I may look into it as at the moment I've got nothingto play my ipod in the car. Was thinking of buying a stereo with an AV connection or a usb connection, but if that works and it's only £50 I may try that.

I cant do anything other than sing the praises of my FM transmitter. It's a Belkin iTrip that gets plugged into either an iPod classic or an iPod touch. Works perfectly all the time. I tend to use it on my commute (Nuneaton to Birmingham via Coleshill, Kingshurst, Marston Green, Sheldon, Yardley, Acocks Green, Small Heath and the city centre.) and I have used it en route to Leicester and Bradford in recent weeks and I have never needed to change the frequency of the thing. It is a thing of beauty.

I have found that instead of looking for a perfectly blank channel to transmit on, it is better to transmit on the very edge of a major stations frequency. I have always had mine a notch or two beneath Radio 2 (I have it set to 88.7) so if I dont have the transmitter on I get a barely audible version of Chris Evans in the car. If I do have it on, it blows him away. I find that better than thinking you have the perfect setup only to drive into the middle of somebody elses channel when you are 30 miles up the road.

Anyone else not wake up this morning ?

Although my alarms were set for 7am and 7:05 ..they didn't go off until 8am and 08:05

rather weird

From what I have read it affects recurring alarms ie if you have an alarm that wakes you up at 6.00am every weekday then it will go off at 7.00am instead.

Deleting the alarm and then resetting it wont work either so it appears we have two options.

Set your alarm to go off an hour ealrier tahn you need it to so that it actually goes off on time or some people have had some success by setting individual alarms ie 6.00am on Monday, 6.0am on Tuesday etc through to Friday rather than use the repeat every weekday option.

Poor from Apple really.

I had the same problem,it works with an individual alarm but will not work if you set it to week days.

It must be an issue with ios4 as I have never had problems before.

talking to my mate yesterday and his alarms worked fine .. His phone is Jailbroken where as mine is Kosher

does that mean whoever wrote the code for cracking i-phones spotted the bug and fixed it ?

Is it here where I say my Android phone alarm works perfectly over the clocks changing? When I set it the night before the message saying "alarm will sound in X hours and Y minutes" took into account the clock change that hadnt even happened yet. Yay Android! :flag:

Is it here where I say my Android phone alarm works perfectly over the clocks changing? When I set it the night before the message saying "alarm will sound in X hours and Y minutes" took into account the clock change that hadnt even happened yet. Yay Android! :flag:

My basic Nokia did that too......

Cant believe iPhones have that trouble???

See with tasker you can set up the alarm to randomly play a song from a folder on your phone, say good morning Conor, tell you the time and the current weather forecast. Before wishing you a good day.

Edit: This should be in the android thread.

Â