The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

so 3.13 crashed my i-phone , that's every single update so far

it's easy to fix as you just have to kill i-tunes when the i-phone screen goes dark as it starts the reboot and then restart the upgrade but we have 5 i-phone sin my company and every single one of them has done this on every upgrade ( as did the old non GS ones as well )

5 phones , 5 different PC's ..only one Tony though so maybe that's where the problem is :-(

Ok folks, plenty on here who thankfully have an iphone. Have looked on ebay for the highest spec iphone and they are going for around £450.00 unlocked. Is that a good price for them and can i go 'pay as you go' on an iphone now or must i take a contract out? Any advice on where i would get the best deal would be greatly appreciated.

5 phones , 5 different PC's ..only one Tony though so maybe that's where the problem is :-(

All PC's though?

iTunes is shit on Windows.

I know its not an excuse and should work as sold, just sayin...

Doubt it would crash that much on a mac.

I have downloaded a few ringtones and I can see them in itunes but I can't seem to find them on my phone after I sync. Any suggestions?

They should just appear in your ringtone list when you're choosing a ringtone.

But they HAVE to be less than 30 seconds in length. I got a Ringtone maker off the net (mentioned in this thread somewhere) and even when the ringtones were 30.00000001 (exagerration) seconds long, they wouldn't show on the list. Once they were 29 seconds long they would be there.

Cheers mate. That must be it

can i go 'pay as you go'

my wife has my old I-phone and uses a pay as you go sim on it ... obviously you don't get any data unless you buy a Bolt-On (or use Wi-Fi)

Many thanks. Have seen the top iphone model on Ebay for around the £450 mark. Would that be a good deal or would it be better to get one free on contract?

I d/l sleep cycle yesterday too but I woke up before it was due to go off anyway :mrgreen:

Stuck it on again last night. Woke me up this time, but it didn't go off until the very end of the half hour window you set it, so it wasn't any different to an alarm. Oh and I still felt like shit so it didn't work.

Only the second night though so I assume it's still part of the callibration process.

can i go 'pay as you go'

my wife has my old I-phone and uses a pay as you go sim on it ... obviously you don't get any data unless you buy a Bolt-On (or use Wi-Fi)

Many thanks. Have seen the top iphone model on Ebay for around the £450 mark. Would that be a good deal or would it be better to get one free on contract?

I'm wondering this too. The main reason I don't want to be tied into a contract is because I'm thinking of travelling in the summer (from about May/June sort of time) so doesn't make sense to be tied into a long contract. So it's whether to get one now on payg or wait until I'm back and get one on contract...

I've taken out the iPhone today.

Just a quick question, how do I create new folders in my photo gallery?

I've been playing around with the settings and can't find anything to do it anywhere. It's nothing major, but it's something I would like to be able to do.

Create a folder for your photos on your pc, and point itunes to that folder. Within that folder on the pc create folders for each set of photos you want.

Done that now, thanks for that mate.

Now one more thing - I have all my pictures in the folder I want them to be however I have one folder 'photo library' with every picture from every folder in there, so I basically have two copies of every picture on my iPhone.

Again, it's nothing major, but it is something that will bug me a little, so is there anyway to get rid of this and have my photos stored in their individual folders only?

Create a folder for your photos on your pc, and point itunes to that folder. Within that folder on the pc create folders for each set of photos you want.

Done that now, thanks for that mate.

Now one more thing - I have all my pictures in the folder I want them to be however I have one folder 'photo library' with every picture from every folder in there, so I basically have two copies of every picture on my iPhone.

Again, it's nothing major, but it is something that will bug me a little, so is there anyway to get rid of this and have my photos stored in their individual folders only?

I'm not sure but I think it doesn't duplicate, technically it just links to the image in the folder.. ie it is a library of every single image within the (certain) root folder. I could be wrong but that's how I've understood it. I basically ignore that thing on my phone :)

Just got me an Iphone so now I have (by law) to become one of those annoying people I've spent 12 months laughing at, totally obsessed with apps.

So anyone got any good ones I should check out? I can't seem to find an Aston Villa official one which is a little (only a little) surprising.

Oh and I've already got the following;

Sky Sports News

Sky News

Ebay

Google Earth

Met Office

Facebook

MSN

So what else should I get folks????

Â