The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

It allows you to install apps that aren't from the App Store. Apple are pretty strict about what they allow you to install on the iPhone. Jailbreaking gets around that.

Also allows you to install themes and other ringtones. And if you don't like the jailbreakedness (:)) of it all, you can just plug the phone into iTunes and hit restore.

Any news on Iphone 3.2 at all guys?

You haven't got a prayer of hearing a thing until mid february I reckon, get xmas and the January sales out of the way before anything like that gets leaked

Can anyone remember when the 3Gs was actually launched this year? the new model will probably be about 18 months after that

Any news on Iphone 3.2 at all guys?

You haven't got a prayer of hearing a thing until mid february I reckon, get xmas and the January sales out of the way before anything like that gets leaked

Can anyone remember when the 3Gs was actually launched this year? the new model will probably be about 18 months after that

Yeah thats what I was thinking, the last updates were announced about that time last year, March I think. Then the 3Gs was released with 3.0 OS in June. Usually there are whispers but I can't find a thing, although Flash has been mentioned.

Stevenjos, its worth jailbreaking, honestly.

One from the past: Konami sale (Silent Hill, MGS and others 59p

Current fun: I dig it 2 - a game I love, the first one was brilliant and this takes it further, everybody I know who has played it, ends up addicted...

Future load: N.O.V.A (Halo basically) released tomorrow £5.99

Others to look at;

Driver - the classic car chase game makes waves on Iphone, its fantastic.

Tiger Woods - best golfing game on it, only thing missing is the option to sink a birdie.

Worms - the best game ever for multiplayer but even single player on Iphone can be fun.

Pandemonium - Old PS1 classic, exactly as I remember it. Only problem is I find the controls a little awkward sometimes.

Boggle - get that mind working, perfect brain training.

Goals Pro - sensible soccer on the Iphone (needs updates but not bad so far)

Rumours of version 4 software doing the rounds already, some mention of a forward facing camera (but then Im sure the same rumour appeared before the 3GS was released)

What would be the killer upgrade that would make you want to get the next version? Better screen, better camera, new user interface. People are expecting the next Iphone to be a major upgrade after the rather limp 3G to 3GS one this year.

I was of the understanding that the leap from 3G to 3GS was much bigger than the leap from 2G to 3G. That's what I seem to recall tech blogs saying at the time anyway.

Wife got asked by her employer if she wanted and iphone or a nokia e52. Guess what she choose? Here's a hint.

nokia-e52.jpg

Women, sigh

SURPRISE! Someone changed her mind! Wonder who? :?

I've had just about enough of the iPhone / O2. I'm sure it's more the Service Provider than the hardware, but I have had nothing but trouble; I'm on my third iPhone as well.

I can't wait to get rid of the bloody thing. I love the concept and the aps, but it causes me nothing but grief and when I can't even get the net working, it breaks me. Maybe I just need another SP, but my love affair with the iPhone is well and truly over.

I've had just about enough of the iPhone / O2. I'm sure it's more the Service Provider than the hardware, but I have had nothing but trouble; I'm on my third iPhone as well.

I can't wait to get rid of the bloody thing. I love the concept and the aps, but it causes me nothing but grief and when I can't even get the net working, it breaks me. Maybe I just need another SP, but my love affair with the iPhone is well and truly over.

apparently O2's data network is down today, not sure how long its supposed to last

Â