Disappointed in Carew

Poise

Would you sell Carew in the summer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell Carew in the summer?

• Yes
    • No

Actually your wrong. Injury had nothing to do with it.

actually it's "You're " wrong ( in your face Rob :-) )

and it had a lot to do with injury , hence why Carew wasn't even on the bench for the Pompey game .. Carew was certainly injured earlier this season and possibly has suffered ... as I've already highlighted for a player that is supposed to be awful he has still achieved higher average match ratings than the "excellent" Heskey ...

interestingly on the Player ratings for the Portsmouth game Heskey scored 5.8 a score only Warnock managed to get lower than .. so it doesn't really point to Heskey having the stormer you believe he had ...

A couple things. Dammit, need to improve English.

Well Carew was on the bench against Hull, Sunderland, United etc..because he came on against Stoke and then started against Liverpool and certainly wasn't injured playing the whole match.

Also, I've never said Heskey was excellent over the course of the season so don't just make things up. I said he played well against Portsmouth which he did! I mean, I was there and saw it for myself, I also witnessed him scoring the equalizer. Now if Carew did that, look at the rave reviews he would get! A striker part of a team that scored 4, scored himself too. He had a good game.

Surely by the very fact that there seems to be points of view both for and against yet polls apart tells you this is a very contentious issue, I for one have always thought with the case of Carew you just don't know what your going to get until kick of, Heskey is a player that has always given me the impression he need to be loved and adored to get the best from him, in any case both these players are probably not what the club needs. In the case of Carew i feel sure that MON See's him some way down the pecking order, if Fonz were more prominent in the squad Carew would probably figure behind him it seems to me, that's in terms of preference not ability.

It must be the case that both these players who are not getting any younger need games all the time to maintain any kind of consistency, a player over 30 or getting that way takes a greater time to recover and find form than a player 5-6 years younger once he has been left on the bench for a length of time, perhaps that's a reason for Carews inconsistency. Point is how long has he been with Villa, how many games has he played in that time and whats his return rate in terms of goals.

Personally the way MON turned his attention to our defence last summer, will do the same to our attacking options this summer and i would imagine Carew will be gone and Heskey will stay, that is of course unless Heskey turns in an unbelievable performance at the world cup and gets sold for a crazy price........whatever. IMO.

Quite clearly for him to stay. Not obvious enough?

You need to watch him when he's not on the ball. I'm talking, not whenever he gets an opportunity (does **** all when he gets one anyway) but his body language when we're attacking. It's disgraceful. Head down all the WHILE.

I went Sunday and he was even getting out-muscled by one of their small defenders. He had to keep throwing his arms and pushing, as if he really needed to. Heskey > Carew any day. Most think he's good because he's played CL football with the likes of Lyon, Valencia etc. Doesn't make him good for us and he's not. If he's not out in the Summer then I will be gutted because it'll just mean another striker on the bench and possibly saying we won't sign anybody or maybe just another KID. Trust me, you can't watch the highlights on MOTD or whatever and see him score a simple goal then claim him to be the best striker for Villa and we need to keep him because it's just not happening. Players need to give their all in every match. Look at Jimmy. If we had a team of Milners we would have pissed this league to be honest...

You need to watch him when he's not on the ball. I'm talking, not whenever he gets an opportunity (does **** all when he gets one anyway) but his body language when we're attacking. It's disgraceful. Head down all the WHILE.

I went Sunday and he was even getting out-muscled by one of their small defenders. He had to keep throwing his arms and pushing, as if he really needed to. Heskey > Carew any day. Most think he's good because he's played CL football with the likes of Lyon, Valencia etc. Doesn't make him good for us and he's not. If he's not out in the Summer then I will be gutted because it'll just mean another striker on the bench and possibly saying we won't sign anybody or maybe just another KID. Trust me, you can't watch the highlights on MOTD or whatever and see him score a simple goal then claim him to be the best striker for Villa and we need to keep him because it's just not happening. Players need to give their all in every match. Look at Jimmy. If we had a team of Milners we would have pissed this league to be honest...

Sorry, I thought you was asking the question as a joke because of my constant critisicsm of him throughout the thread. Therefore my reply was sarcastic :lol:

I think he's useless and agree with what you say.

Sorry, I thought you was asking the question as a joke because of my constant critisicsm of him throughout the thread. Therefore my reply was sarcastic :lol:

I think he's useless and agree with what you say.

Oops, sorry mate. You see, I should have read your essay's! :winkold:

Sorry, don't fancy reading the essay's but AVFC-prideofbrum, are you for or against Carew?

Ok :lol: People are polls apart on there opinion of Carew v Heskey

Heskey needs something!!!!!!

Carew needs something also!!!!

Both player are getting past it and need to be playing for consistancy.

Perhaps thats the reason for Carews inconsistancy.

Whats the stats.

Think Mon will turn his attention to the striker problem in the summer as he did last summer with the defence problem and sort it.

Heskey will stay and Carew will go..........................IMO :winkold:

Better.

no way, sell yheskey before craew. i think next season carew should be a backup striker. get a new striker on i would say. my ideal choice would be kenwyn jones think him and gabby would be lethal up front

One of the few strikers in the league who acts less motivated and interested than Carew?

Interesting idea.

One of the few strikers in the league who acts less motivated and interested than Carew?

Interesting idea.

nonsense. he is playing in a side struggling for form on his day he is a top, top striker and would suit our style of play perfectly

Interesting idea.

nonsense. he is playing in a side struggling for form on his day he is a top, top striker and would suit our style of play perfectly

On his day Carew is a top top striker. The last player we need is Jones.

He is pure hype.

Carew is a 30 odd year man whos had an injury plagued career and thats exactly what he looks like now. Was quality, once a top striker, but those days are behind him, time to drop to a lower european league and end a career. Gave us some quality performances but not in him any more and thats very sad, cheers carew and good luck!

Do we really want another Carew/Heskey i.e. a large target man who sin't particularly mobile. We will never play the possession football that everyone craves with such players.

I don't see Arsenal, Man U or Plop going this route, nor Citeh, although Adebayor is decent in the air and Cruz is more of a large striker. Chelski are a bit different as they have Drogba who can do everything!

I also don't see such a striker as the right partner for Gabby if we are looking at 4-4-2 as they would both be up against the CBs and leaving a big gap between the strikers and CM?

Â