• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (on as sub late on)

I used get_iplayer and downloaded the whole MOTD programme. 850MB MPEG-4 and watched it all again today :)

Their first goal from a corner, Guzan was obstructed. He was for almost every other corner and free kick they had. They got Nelsen to stand in front of him and stop him moving.

It hit Gabby on the hip, not the arms for Milner's goal.

MOTM overall was probably Olsson for them, he was magnificent.

Nelsen is an absolute rocket polisher of the highest order, only matched by Fat Sam for delusion.

If the coming together of Gabby and Nelsen for our first goal was a foul, then Shearer would have scored 2 goals in the whole of his career.

Loads more.. but basically Blackburn were very good on the night, but the better team eventually came through.

Slightly surprised by the run away voting for Jimmy. I'm possibly his biggest fan, but he was missing for most of the first half. Stan kept us going at this point and Young had an excellent game aswell. Petrov gets my vote for a great captains performance when we needed it most.

Sorry but what did Petrov do? You say Milner went missing? but so did Petrov, we got completly over-ran in the first half and it took a goal out of the blue for Warnock to lift the team and 5 minutes later Blackburn were down to 10 men.

I actually think the way we came back into the match was a little fortunate and noone really played too well until we got that Warnock goal.

I think Petrov got overran because milner did go missing for atleast the first half an hour. We were fortunate to get the Warnock goal and that was undoubtedly the catalyst for the comeback. Don't get me wrong, from this point onwards, jimmy was head and shoulders above all else. But as I say, during that first half an hour a lot of players went missing and it was pretty much down to stan and dunne to keep us going. I remember watching stan lecturing carlos about hoofing the ball in an attempt to get us to play football. Think he did a great job as player and as captain.

Fair enough, I disagree with you, didn't think he did anything at all like the rest of the team in the first 30 minutes but maybe I need to re-watch the match.

I agree with you AVFCPoB, but to be fair to Stan, and Jimmy, it was another game where 2 were playing 3, and at times 5 with their narrowness, and MON did nothing to respond. It was MON that was poor, IMO, and not Stan or Jimmy - outthought by that horrible moaning git Big Sam.

I agree with Shillzz on the Milner going missing early on. Especially at 1-0 down he was running around like a headless chicken, it left Petrov against 3 men at times which is an impossible task. We kept at it though and MON didn't make a mistake by changing things so early, we kept at it and the better side showed through.