The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Quite right it would be as well, he shouldn't earn a penny for that disgrace, I've never seen anything like it in 20 years following boxing.

He is a disgrace to the sport and if he is allowed to keep his purse the credibility of the sport will be calling into question in my view.

Haye didn't do himself any favours either really but Harrison should have his license revoked not that it would be any use to him in the future.

Knew it was a mismatch of boxing on Saturday, which is why I didn't bother watching it, Manny was always going to beat that cheat and fraud Margarito, who IMO didn't deserve this shot. The same with Harrison and Haye, it was only market well being that they were both British.

Can't wait for the 27th though, we going to have some generally 50/50 fights on that night with Juan Manuel Marquez - Michael Katsidis, Arthur Abraham - Carl Froch gutted the Andre Ward - Andre Dirrel fight ain't happening.

Knew it was a mismatch of boxing on Saturday, which is why I didn't bother watching it, Manny was always going to beat that cheat and fraud Margarito, who IMO didn't deserve this shot. The same with Harrison and Haye, it was only market well being that they were both British.

Can't wait for the 27th though, we going to have some generally 50/50 fights on that night with Juan Manuel Marquez - Michael Katsidis, Arthur Abraham - Carl Froch gutted the Andre Ward - Andre Dirrel fight ain't happening.

There is no way Margarito deserved the shot, Pac didn't deserve the title either. But that's Boxing.

27th is a cracker, and this weekend isn't too bad either. I can't say I'm as disappointed as most about the Ward-Dirrell fight. I find both fighters boring tbh.

There is no way Margarito deserved the shot

He might not have deserved the shot, but he did himself proud in that fight, guy can take one hell of a beating.

any good audrey harrison jokes around? i heard the citeh one which was quite funny, any more?

Whats the difference between Wagner and Audley harrison?

Wagner got 2 hits in on saturday night.

Whats the difference between Michael Jackson and Audley Harrison?

Michael Jackson actually touched something with his gloves.

Whats the difference between Audley Harrison and Derrick Bird?

Derrick Bird went 12 rounds.

After defeating Harrison, David Haye has said that he'd like to take him out for a drink.

I wouldn't. The word removed can't even get three rounds in.

Like I said, he's a word removed of the highest order.

Link.

Come on, the concrete block is just pure comedy.

I'd have pissed myself laughing if he'd have walked down to the ring to face pacquiao with giant comedy concrete hands. Should have got him a set of hulk hands, painted them grey and he could have walked out wearing them over his gloves.

Like I said, he's a word removed of the highest order.

Link.

Come on, the concrete block is just pure comedy.

I'd have pissed myself laughing if he'd have walked down to the ring to face pacquiao with giant comedy concrete hands. Should have got him a set of hulk hands, painted them grey and he could have walked out wearing them over his gloves.

In a sport as dangerous as it is. I can't find any humour in someone putting plaster in their gloves. Less so against Mosley, but against fighters like Cotto it really pisses me off.

Anyway... Good night of Boxing tonight :thumb:

Best prizefighter line-up yet on Sky from 8pm:

Quarter-Final 1 – Choi Tseveenpurev v Ben Murphy

Quarter-Final 2 – Gary McArthur v Derry Matthews

Quarter Final 3 – Gary Sykes v Scott Lawton

Quarter-Final 4 – Steve Bell v Gary Buckland

And then the rematch of FOTY contender, Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams on Premier Sports from 2am.

Andy Murray fighting on RTE too, somewhere in between.

Â