The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

@leemond2008 I agree. I think Jacobs and especially Demitrius Andrade would beat him. However I'd give BJS a good chance of beating Canelo because Canelo is pretty flatfooted. 

well he might beat him but he would also probably lose every single round on the judges score cards

And I think that was what made that result all the better yesterday because don't think for a second that the judges weren't prepared to **** BJS over at the first opportunity, he took it to points but he also took it out of the judges hands.

Edited by leemond2008

I was impressed with saunders last night. Although i cant stand him it was a excellent performance. Lem couldnt get anywhere near him. His footwork is excellent but his punching power really isnt that great.

I think he would probably beat canelo duw to the size on points. 

Triple G would destroy him i think but i would like to see that. But i think has to be saunders vs jacobs next with winner fighting triple g vs canelo if rematch gets go ahead

• 3 weeks later...

I can' wait for the boxing to start up again, my Saturday's have been complete wash outs, last weekend I went to bed at 10pm cuz I was just bored shitless.

Even if the boxing is shit it still gives me something to watch even if I'm just reading my book whilst it's on. Last weekend I actually tried to watch the voice, I think I managed about 5 minutes before switching it off in a strop, even bad boxing is better than no boxing.

Parker has a good chin and good speed, plus his power is decent as well, when he puts combinations together he offers something different to a lot of heavyweights. However he keeps his hands too low which makes him fairly easy to hit. However I do think Joshua will have problems in this fight, but should ultimately win. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not "apparently" , he does have a "granite' chin . This ain't no walk in the park for Joshua .

Has he been in with a big puncher like Joshua though? Joshua has been in with some heavy hitters Parker hasn't so I am yet to be convinced 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has he been in with a big puncher like Joshua though? Joshua has been in with some heavy hitters Parker hasn't so I am yet to be convinced 

Has Parker ever been put on his backside ? No , trust me , them Moari's  are tough .

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought you"remain to be convinced " . That was my point ,this might well turn out to be one long night for Joshua .

Me being "convinced" is not the same as saying someone is not tough. He obviously has something about him to be  champion and undefeated but as I explained earlier who has Parker fought worthwhile?

Hughie fury is piss poor and Joshua would destroy him

Â