The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How do you think haye would do against wilder?

Don't really know where Haye is, given his time out of the ring and his age, the Bellew fight won't tell us too much unless he actually struggles (I doubt he will, the fight's over as soon as he lands flush on Tone). 

I have no doubt that if Wilder catches Haye, Haye goes to sleep, Haye isn't IMO a natural heavyweight in the modern day sense and doesn't have IMO a great chin either. However outside of this punchers chance, a David Haye who resembles his heavyweight run that lead him to being a (lightly regarded) WBA champion would absolute smoke Wilder. 

Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or in the UFC thread :lol: 

Harvey v Coca.  The DQ is @ 07:08.

It turns out Coca has a background in Muay Thai, which might explain the brain fart.

On 26/02/2017 at 21:51, AVFCDAN said:

Haye is really not coming across very well in the build up to this fight with Bellew.

He always comes across as dick. The build up to the Klitschko fight was frankly embarrassing. So much so that i spent the whole night hoping he'd be knocked out. 

Sadly TB is just as annoying. So for this fight I'm hoping for a reenactment of the Porridge episode 'the harder they fall' with both fighters hitting the deck at the same time :)

On 26/02/2017 at 17:09, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pacquiao still has enough hand speed, power, reflexes and skill to knock Khan out and that's what will happen in this fight. Khan won't be able to keep someone as skilled as Pacquiao at the end of his jab all night, unless Pacquiao really has aged badly since his last fight. 

I know its just the nature of the business, but this is exactly the reason i hate to see boxers go on to long. 

If Manny has started to show his age, Amir Khan could end his career having beat Marco Antonio Barrera and Manny Pacquiao. It just doesn't feel right. 

8 hours ago, av1 said:

He always comes across as dick. The build up to the Klitschko fight was frankly embarrassing. So much so that i spent the whole night hoping he'd be knocked out. 

Sadly TB is just as annoying. So for this fight I'm hoping for a reenactment of the Porridge episode 'the harder they fall' with both fighters hitting the deck at the same time :)

For me its slightly more forgivable when you are the big underdog and unsettling your opponent might just give you a 5% edge.

Here he's the clear favourite and still acting the dick, not a fan of that.

4 hours ago, West said:

Completely lost his rag at the Liverpool press conference calling all the crowd **** retards which was quite amusing :)

He appears to be unnecessarily rattled. If there's one thing Tony has already won it's the pre-fight stuff, utterly owned Haye at every exchange. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He appears to be unnecessarily rattled. If there's one thing Tony has already won it's the pre-fight stuff, utterly owned Haye at every exchange. 

Won't mean anything if haye knocks him out early. I  am not a haye fan but i think bellends gonna get destroyed

15 minutes ago, Rainer said:

There's a rumor going round that Haye is injured and may be pulled from the fight..

A trick he has played many times before, notably against Wladimir and Tyson Fury. 

There's no reason for Haye to pull out of this fight and Bellew shouldn't pose any sort of threat at all, however he has seemed extremely rattled in the interviews and press conferences... 

No boxer does serious training this close to a fight, so if he really is injured then it could be something he has been carrying for a while. Very few boxers step into the ring 100%, many of them pick up injuries in training, Haye would have to be a mega pussy to drop out of this because of an Achilles issue. He should take a cortisone shot and get on with it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

12 minutes ago, Rainer said:

There's a rumor going round that Haye is injured and may be pulled from the fight..

He has apparently gone to see the surgeon that worked on his shoulder.

If Haye pulls out then I wouldn't expect any serious boxer to fight him. He's already a bit of a novelty act.

I guess he needs the money too, so even if injured and loses it might be his last fight regardless.

The Haye v Bellew build up is embarrassing. So obviously forced, I know there's always been build up and requirement of boxers to do things that make the fight sell, but this time it's terrible.

If the fight doesn't turn out like Chisora v Whyte then all the talking bollocks they have done will have been a farce.

39 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The Haye v Bellew build up is embarrassing. So obviously forced, I know there's always been build up and requirement of boxers to do things that make the fight sell, but this time it's terrible.

If the fight doesn't turn out like Chisora v Whyte then all the talking bollocks they have done will have been a farce.

Are they trying to match the new bar set by recent UFC/McGregor press conferences I wonder.  It can't have passed them by just how much the shenanigans in the build-up kept the fight in focus more than it would have been. $$$

40 minutes ago, Nicho said:

To be fair I think they genuinely don't like each other. Obviously they will exaggerate certain things to do try to drawer in the casual fan but I'd surprised if they shake hands after the fight unless it's an absolute barnstormer and both mean earn each others respect in the ring as was the case in Whyte Chisora. 

It looks to me almost like Haye is struggling to generate the anger/hate required to be fully motivated for the fight, so he's trying to lash out and almost convince himself that he's angry.  I don't think he is truly and properly angry.  I think it's a front he's putting on.  I think he has lost his spark because he has been in genpop for too long.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

It looks to me almost like Haye is struggling to generate the anger/hate required to be fully motivated for the fight, so he's trying to lash out and almost convince himself that he's angry.  I don't think he is truly and properly angry.  I think it's a front he's putting on.  I think he has lost his spark because he has been in genpop for too long.

I don't. I think the Liverpool fans really wound him up. 

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't. I think the Liverpool fans really wound him up. 

Being in a room full of scousers really pisses me off too. I'm not surprised he got wound up. The sound of Tony Bellew's voice alone is enough to wind me up

• Like 1

Â