The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Itv ppv? Don't thsee companies get enough money from us? If anyone seriously paid to see that :crylaugh:

It was on in Vue cinemas. I didn't know that was a thing.

Talk of Eubank Jr vs DeGale today - I'd watch that for nothing. I thought Eubanks opponent over the weekend nailed Juniors problem completely - he said that he never felt that Eubank was going to knock him out, that there's not enough power, but that the volume of punches he was hitting him with was having a cumulative effect. Eubank is someone who throws huge uppercuts and hooks, but has to throw a hundred of them to win the fight, float like a butterfly, sting like a really enthusiastic butterfly.

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Looks like its Spence Jnr V Brook then

Can't see brook winning that one then again i said the same when he fought Porter

Spence looks like the has the goods but Brook is a different beast to the Algieri's of this world.. Spence has power, combinations, aggression, speed but is very open and Brook has the combination of power and precision to exploit that. It's a really good fight, if Spence goes onto win this impressively it literally will be the making of the next welterweight superstar. 

Spence has looked great but his level of opposition has been pretty low, this will be the real barometer for where he is and where he will go.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the thinking on Haye v Bellew?  Both in terms of who you think and who you want to win it.  Am I going against the grain in wanting Bellew to win?  Or does everyone else think Haye is a bellend too ?

i used to like haye, now i dont, that said bellew is a clearing in the woods too, not really fussed

both of them will start gobbing off at someone else and calling out joshua regardless, think this is a precursor to try and show they can pull in the figures before an even bigger money making fight vs joshua that neither deserve 

got a bit of shouting the loudest about it all for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

What's the thinking on Haye v Bellew?  Both in terms of who you think and who you want to win it.  Am I going against the grain in wanting Bellew to win?  Or does everyone else think Haye is a bellend too ?

I think Haye will win and I want Haye to win.

I just cannot have anything to do with Tony Bellew, I can't stand the bloke and he ruined the new Rocky film with his shit accent

17 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Anyone see the Wilder fight last night?

Yep I saw it. Was abit of a lame fight. Washington was winning a few rounds but wilder just unleashed one punch and Washington was finished. But for me wilder needs to step up fight better opposition now. Would like to see how haye does he would be a good opponent for wilder. Him or parker/fury.

But the main fight for was breazale vs izu what a epic fight that was. Fantastic watch it you haven't!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yes, saw that one - Izu going straight through the ring:D

Would love to see Wilder against Joshua at some point in the future too.

It was such a back and forth fight. The 3rd round was such a classic. Breazale showed such heart in that fight. The guts got a chin that's for sure

as for khan I think he will cause PAC man a few problems

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Anyone see the Wilder fight last night?

He really is a terrible boxer with virtually no skill at all whatsoever, however that incredible power of his makes him a live dog in any fight he has. That said, a well schooled boxer with reach and power should dissect him. He was windmilling so often in that fight that I thought he was going to take off like a helicopter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Khan - pacman going ahead in April 

Pacquiao still has enough hand speed, power, reflexes and skill to knock Khan out and that's what will happen in this fight. Khan won't be able to keep someone as skilled as Pacquiao at the end of his jab all night, unless Pacquiao really has aged badly since his last fight. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He really is a terrible boxer with virtually no skill at all whatsoever, however that incredible power of his makes him a live dog in any fight he has. That said, a well schooled boxer with reach and power should dissect him. He was windmilling so often in that fight that I thought he was going to take off like a helicopter. 

How do you think haye would do against wilder?

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It was such a back and forth fight. The 3rd round was such a classic. Breazale showed such heart in that fight. The guts got a chin that's for sure

as for khan I think he will cause PAC man a few problems

Re Brezeale, when AJ fought him everyone said he is a total dud and although he took shots well in that fight, he didn't throw a single punch of note. Yet here he was throwing bombs. Goes to show how intimidating AJ is to his opponents. 

14 hours ago, West said:

Re Brezeale, when AJ fought him everyone said he is a total dud and although he took shots well in that fight, he didn't throw a single punch of note. Yet here he was throwing bombs. Goes to show how intimidating AJ is to his opponents. 

Brezeale is a bum, which is why he is back to fighting club fighters. 

Â