The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

dm2v6q.gif

That punch was tits

Nonsense mate, that was a cracking shot....I can't stand Harrison but that was a great punch. He fought for several rounds with a damaged shoulder too apparently.....thus showing more heart than certain other HW's could mention :P

Tits = Good :D

dm2v6q.gif

That punch was tits

Nonsense mate, that was a cracking shot....I can't stand Harrison but that was a great punch. He fought for several rounds with a damaged shoulder too apparently.....thus showing more heart than certain other HW's could mention :P

Tits = Good :D

We dont know which way he swings. :twisted:

It was a great shot though, he went for it, missed Sprott missed the counter, bang.

It's got to be said though, what the **** was Sprott doing....comfortably ahead on the cards against a one armed fighter who was obviously loading up with a haymaker, he dropped BOTH his hands?? He was begging to get knocked out.

He had hurt Audley badly not 30 seconds earlier, he followed it up with a half decent uppercut before getting backed into the corner. Sprott had smelled blood and was going for the KO and he got caught. Its heavyweight boxing I guess.

Unbeaten two-division world champion Edwin Valero was involved in a traffic accident and a police chase on Friday in Mérida, Venezuela. There were no injuries but Valero, allegedly under the influence of alcohol, fled the scene of the accident. He was taken home by police. He later said that he fled because he felt harassed by the media and the general public. “I reacted as anyone reacts to this situation,” he stated. The champ promised to take care of the expenses of the other driver. Valero had been scheduled to leave later that day to Cuba with his wife, two children, trainer Mario Morales and adviser Segundo Lujano, where he would begin a rehabilitation program after recognizing his problems with alcohol and drugs. He had just been released Thursday after 14 days of rehab following another incident. Authorities are now reconsidering whether or not they should send Valero to Cuba for further rehab.

Valero FTW

Audley Harrison is set to vacate his European heavyweight title in order to chase a dream fight with one of the Klitschko brothers, his promoter has confirmed.

Harrison left it late before producing a stunning left hook to knock out Michael Sprott in the 12th round at Alexandra Palace on Friday night.

But, having just secured the first title of his nine-year professional career, it looks as though the 38-year-old has been persuaded to give the belt up. Harrison's promoter Eddie Hearn spoke with representatives of Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko on Saturday and is adamant a bout is on the cards for later in the year.

"The Klitschkos told me that they are definitely interested in Audley. They recognise he is now a serious contender and know a fight with him could make them serious money, especially as we have a near guarantee from Sky that the fight will be shown on pay-per view. Our hope is for it to take place in December," Hearn told the Guardian.

There are a few potential obstacles blocking the way for Harrison. Alexander Dimitrenko is the mandatory challenger for the European belt, but former champion Albert Sosnowski's recent behaviour has given Hearn confidence that a fight with the Klitschkos can be arranged.

The Pole was scheduled to fight Harrison on Friday but, after pulling out, vacated the European title so he could fight Vitali for the WBC title on May 29.

"If Albert can get a shot at the Klitschkos on the back of winning the European title then there is no reason why Audley can't," added Hearn.

One man who may feel differently is Britain's WBA champion David Haye. The 'Hayemaker' is currently taking a break after recently dismantling John Ruiz in the first defence of his title at the Manchester MEN Arena. The Brit has voiced his ambition to get in the ring with the Klitschkos, although a rematch with Nikolai Valuev is not out of the question.

Are the robot brothers dodging Haye already? Either Klitschkos brother v Fraudley would be a right 12 round snooze-fest.

Other way around if anything

And don't call him Fraudley or he'll come and rape you in the night just as you deserve

Wlad V Audley...:crylaugh:

I remember the last time Wlad fought a late 30's, no hoper, 'never has been':-

:P

It's also a shocking indictment of the state of this division if Harrison can get a title shot off the back of winning a poxy domestic contest and beating a guy like Sprott with a last-ditch KO. The Klitschkos will literally take on any old bum though, or at least that's the way it's looked for the last 2-3 years.

It's also a shocking indictment of the state of this division if Harrison can get a title shot off the back of winning a poxy domestic contest and beating a guy like Sprott with a last-ditch KO. The Klitschkos will literally take on any old bum though, or at least that's the way it's looked for the last 2-3 years.

If they fight Audley then it's to send a message to Haye to really piss him off, although I'm not sure the message will be as clear as the one Wlad sent to Haye earlier about him being a bitch :winkold:

If they fight Audley then it's to send a message to Haye to really piss him off, although I'm not sure the message will be as clear as the one Wlad sent to Haye earlier about him being a bitch :winkold:

Yes, Wlad seems to be accusing Haye of bitching out of two fights against both him and his brother.....bang goes the crap about him speaking perfect English :winkold:

We'll see when they fight what happens but Wlad "it's not fair, I must have been poisoned" really should keep his trap shut about other fighters being bitches, remember the Ibragimov fight? :shock: Same goes for his brother too, quitting against Byrd, and running from Rahman about 5 times :D

Nah. Both are pretty lame to be honest but Wlads video just makes him look like a homo again. He's hardly Tyson-esque with his trash talking is he? Glass jawed ****-stain.

:crylaugh:

Nah. Both are pretty lame to be honest but Wlads video just makes him look like a homo again. He's hardly Tyson-esque with his trash talking is he? Glass jawed ****-stain.

:crylaugh:

I was being serious.....oh I wish a prime Tyson was around today, he'd go through this piss-weak division like a knife through butter.

Incidentally I wasn't joking about the homo thing either, google the guy and click through a few pages of the images, especially the ones where he's photographed with his brother :shock:

It seems the heavyweight champions are not only brothers, they're also **** buddies :shock:

Â