The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

That's Vitali, surely?

Wlad

hayden-panettiere-wladimir-klitschko.jpg

Homo point is invalid as of this point.

He's also a Doctor or sports science, dont you know.

So really, Wlad >>>> You :)

No it's Wlad....Vitali is on the left :crylaugh:

Amazing how a doctor of sports science can claim a 'diabetic incident' after he just got knocked the **** out....methinks these Eastern bloc countries hand out degrees like sweeties.

They do, thus all the Polkis need to resit their exams when they come here.

But still, if he can pull Hayden then well, he wins.

Haye will beat him though, hope Fraud-meister funk doesn't fight him. One good punch at the end of a fight you were losing a good fighter does not make.

Apparently the Hayden thing is all off now, maybe she got bored of tit-**** him?

I actually hope Harrison fights him first, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harrison KO the guy - he really is that shit.

I think we'll never know the result of that potential fight, because anyone watching it will have fallen asleep before the end thus no one could actually report what happened.

In fact, the fight might just cause the universe to implode out of boredom.

And as for Hayden, set to marry in 2011 according to some unreliable sources (wikipedia)

I actually hope Harrison fights him first, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harrison KO the guy - he really is that shit.

I wouldn't go that far. He is begging to be KO'd though, sooner the better.

I actually would go that far, seriously. I think Harrison is piss-weak but if he came out and treated it as a 3 round fight, threw caution to the wind and actually attacked the guy he's got a chance.

I think we'll never know the result of that potential fight, because anyone watching it will have fallen asleep before the end thus no one could actually report what happened.

In fact, the fight might just cause the universe to implode out of boredom.

And as for Hayden, set to marry in 2011 according to some unreliable sources (wikipedia)

That's one wedding that'll never happen :)

Good point about the potential Fraudley/Wlad matchup, if they both turn up with their usual amount of caution it could be a 5 punches a round type fight.

I actually would go that far, seriously. I think Harrison is piss-weak but if he came out and treated it as a 3 round fight, threw caution to the wind and actually attacked the guy he's got a chance.

I really can't imagine that Audrey would come out like that though. I think he sees himself as one of the worlds best, muppet.

Like you said, it could well be a 5 punch-a-round job. With most of those being Audrey's love taps.

I really can't imagine that Audrey would come out like that though. I think he sees himself as one of the worlds best, muppet.

Like you said, it could well be a 5 punch-a-round job. With most of those being Audrey's love taps.

True....I didn't say he would come out like that, just that he should.

At the age he's at, Harrison should be treating the potential match as a final hurrah in much the same way that Sanders did, and we all saw what happened when he set the traps on Wlad and capitalised - and it's no shock there was no rematch there either, he got big brother to beat him up for him, like he did with Purrity.

Sounds like a classic.

Better than the shite Haye served up against him

Didn't you predict a Valuev win?

If he'd came out looking to put on a fight you would have probably been right.

I did as did many other people due to Haye's lack of a decent chin & bad stamina. Also didn't expect Valuev to have gotten even worse since the Holyfield fight but it appears he did.

Good job Sauerland had options on Haye otherwise he wouldn't have got the nod imo.

Just out of interest for anyone who said Mayweather used the drug testing thing to duck Pacquiao, what exactly would have happened if Pacquiao said yes and signed the contract? :? Surely Floyd's not psychic & knew what Pacquiao would do?

Wlad isn't that bad.

Audley is a domestic level fighter.

Wlad would KO him in the first.

Wlad is scared of getting hit, but he has great footwork, he's tall, he has a long reach, an ATG jab, a great defence and immense power to protect himself from getting hit. Audley hates getting hit, but has none of that, so he gets hit often and retreats into his shell.

^ Agreed.

Carl Froch: 'I Don't Feel Sorry For Calzaghe, He's an Idiot'

CARL FROCH has branded Joe Calzaghe “an idiot” for his cocaine shame.

The WBC world super- middleweight champ has no sympathy for Calzaghe and says they will never fight now.

After a brilliant undefeated ­career, Welshman Calzaghe’s reputation was wrecked when he admitted to taking cocaine last month.

Calzaghe, who ignored ­offers from Froch to fight him, hung up his gloves last year after more than ten years as world champ.

After failing to lure Calzaghe into the ring, Froch entered the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament that features boxing’s top six super-middleweights.

Nottingham’s unbeaten Froch defends his world title against former Calzaghe ­victim Mikkel Kessler in Herning, Denmark, on ­Saturday in the second round of the competition.

And Froch, 33, warmed up for his third defence against Kessler by ripping into ­Calzaghe, 37.

He said: “Calzaghe has just been stupid. I don’t feel sorry for people who are idiots.

“He was bragging and being lairy around the old cocaine ­situation and talking about smoking weed. I just thought, ‘what an idiot’.

“Talk about letting his guard down and revealing all that to people he doesn’t know.

“You’ve got to have a bit of street cred about you if you’re going to give it the big one, ­talking about cocaine and ­playing the big, clever man.

“I don’t feel sorry for him, I just think he’s an idiot.

“He’s got no business in the professional boxing ring now and he looks about 14 stone.

“You can’t have that time off, take drugs and then expect to come back and compete.

“Even if he did want to drag his fat old self out of the ­armchair he’s got to get in line. I’ve got ­another four fights first, so it would be the end of 2011.”

Froch is unsure whether Dane Kessler, 31, has improved since his 2007 points loss to Calzaghe.

Kessler lost his WBA version of the world title on cuts to American Andre Ward in his last fight and Froch is expecting a backlash.

He said: “Kessler’s a wounded fox. But I’m in top shape. I feel so fit and strong, I will stop him.

“Whether he’s still at his best or not I don’t know but I’m going to be smacking him with heavy digs early on. Whichever way it goes, I win.”

Froch. :notworthy:

Â