The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

How easy is it to get the big fights online?

Last weeks fight was very easy to find, took me about 2 minutes.

It wasn't a 'big' fight though, more like a homo slapping match between two timid gayboys. I suspect you'd struggle to find something like Mayweather/Pac for free.

I'd disagree with you on that. I think the bigger the fight, the easier to find tbh. As long as you are looking the right places.

I was just guessing to be honest...if the fight is big enough then I don't mind paying the £15 or whatever it is, it motivates me to stay up until 5am to watch it if I've shelled out!

I'll never ever pay for an Amir Khan fight though - I couldn't believe it when they made his fight with Prescott PPV. In hindsight I'd have paid triple the price to see it to be fair.

I'll never ever pay for an Amir Khan fight though - I couldn't believe it when they made his fight with Prescott PPV. In hindsight I'd have paid triple the price to see it to be fair.

I'm paying to see him get KTFO by Mr. Jersey Shore 8)

(If it's on Box Office and not ITV like some rumours said)

if the fight is big enough then I don't mind paying the £15 or whatever it is, it motivates me to stay up until 5am to watch it if I've shelled out!

Same here. I've never paid for a Khan fight either, and doubt I ever will.

"More details have surfaced concerning the arrest of unbeaten Edwin Valero (27-0, 27KOs) on alleged assault charges. It was previously reported on BoxingScene.com that Valero was arrested in Venezuela for allegedly assaulting his wife. Valero was taken into custody on Thursday morning as he visited his wife at the University Hospital of Los Andes in Mérida.

Per the medical reports, Valero's wife was listed as having multiple bruises, scratches and collapsed lung from a blow to the ribs.Valero was taken into custody by the CICPC (The Body of Scientific, Penal and Criminal Investigations). At the present, there have been no charges pressed by Valero's wife and she is not giving any statements. The complaint filed against Valero is stemming from the incident with the hospital staff.

"We stopped him at yesterday at 11 in the morning at the hospital, where he was visiting his wife [Jennifer Carolina], who is there with physical injuries. He was arrested for threats, resistance and hostile behavior against doctors, police officials and nurses. He was transported to the police station in Mérida," said spokesman Danilo Araque.

Jose Castillo, the manager for Valero, tells BoxingScene the fighter had an appointment scheduled at the U.S. embassy to obtain a work visa. Castillo spoke with Valero's promoters, Top Rank, and plans to reschedule the hearing. Valero told doctors in the hospital that his wife had fallen down a flight of stairs. The doctors, based on the injuries, did not believe the story. Valero's wife suffered her injuries over the weekend because Castillo had already heard about it on Monday.

"I know that Edwin was detained. I have been speaking constantly with the mother of Edwin (Eloíza Vivas) and she provided me with the information about the incident. Edwin had an appointment for the visa on the Wednesday that passed, but on Monday I had already known that his wife had a physical mishap," Castillo said.

"His family told me that she had fallen and he couldn't go to the appointment. I spoke with the legal team of Top Rank and we are going to postpone the appointment for approximately a month, while this situation is being resolved. We will await the outcome from the authorities in Venezuela."

Rufo John, president of Boxtrack, a promotional company in Venezuela, will not make any judgments until the outcome of the investigation.

"We are not judges. The competent agencies will take charge of finding out whether if he is innocent or not. If he is not guilty, we are able to have to Edwin take part in another fight for a world title over here, as we did in December. If he is guilty, it would be a deplorable act," John said.

Jhonny Gonzalez covers the scene in Venezuela "

Multiple sources have told BoxingScene.com that Joan Guzman is well over the weight for tomorrow's bout with Ali Funeka, who are scheduled to fight for the vacant IBF lightweight title. Guzman, who has a history of weight issues, is rumored to be at 144-pounds. If that is true, there is no way Guzman will be able to shed off that much weight. Guzman was unable to make weight for his lightweight title bout with Nate Campbell in September 2008. He was several pounds over, the fight was canceled and he served a minor suspension.

Funeka's promoter Gary Shaw, who is in Detroit, Michigan, for Saturday's super middleweight fight between Andre Dirrell and Arthur Abraham, was in shock.

Shaw was initially unaware of the information but spoke to BoxingScene 15-minutes later, after making a few phone calls, and said - "you are right, he's pretty overweight."

Shaw did state to BoxingScene earlier - "Now the question is, does the IBF give us the title? We are not going to fight him if he's that overweight [144]."

Just in: Tomorrow night’s 12-rounder between Joan Guzman (29-0-1, 17 KOs) and Ali Funeka (30-2-3, 25 KOs) is still on – but it will not be for the IBF lightweight title, at least for one of the fighters. Earlier today, Guzman weighed in nine pounds heavy, at 144, while Funeka made weight at 135. A deal was struck between camps allowing the fight to go on – providing that Guzman does not weigh more than 150 lbs. tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. If Funeka defeats the overweight Guzman, he will also be allowed to bring the IBF lightweight title home to South Africa

Multiple sources have told BoxingScene.com that Joan Guzman is well over the weight for tomorrow's bout with Ali Funeka, who are scheduled to fight for the vacant IBF lightweight title. Guzman, who has a history of weight issues, is rumored to be at 144-pounds. If that is true, there is no way Guzman will be able to shed off that much weight. Guzman was unable to make weight for his lightweight title bout with Nate Campbell in September 2008. He was several pounds over, the fight was canceled and he served a minor suspension.

Funeka's promoter Gary Shaw, who is in Detroit, Michigan, for Saturday's super middleweight fight between Andre Dirrell and Arthur Abraham, was in shock.

Shaw was initially unaware of the information but spoke to BoxingScene 15-minutes later, after making a few phone calls, and said - "you are right, he's pretty overweight."

Shaw did state to BoxingScene earlier - "Now the question is, does the IBF give us the title? We are not going to fight him if he's that overweight [144]."

Just in: Tomorrow night’s 12-rounder between Joan Guzman (29-0-1, 17 KOs) and Ali Funeka (30-2-3, 25 KOs) is still on – but it will not be for the IBF lightweight title, at least for one of the fighters. Earlier today, Guzman weighed in nine pounds heavy, at 144, while Funeka made weight at 135. A deal was struck between camps allowing the fight to go on – providing that Guzman does not weigh more than 150 lbs. tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. If Funeka defeats the overweight Guzman, he will also be allowed to bring the IBF lightweight title home to South Africa

Didn't something like that happen for Corrales v Castillo? I can remember Castillo being well over the linit and the fight still went ahead and after he knocked out Corrales the commentators said they thought Castillo had no intention of ever making the weight, he just wanted to be heavier and stronger to really hurt Corrales seriouslly.

Didn't something like that happen for Corrales v Castillo? I can remember Castillo being well over the linit and the fight still went ahead and after he knocked out Corrales the commentators said they thought Castillo had no intention of ever making the weight, he just wanted to be heavier and stronger to really hurt Corrales seriouslly.

Yeah, there were some weight issues in that fight aswell. Guzman has had trouble with weight before but 9lbs isn't struggling to make weight or a miscalculation, it's a "**** you and your lanky ass, Ali Funeka"

Small just got shafted.

Remind me to avoid British judges at all costs

Serves him right for wearing that pimp suit on the way into the ring, and calling himself 'Sugar Ray, Clay, Jones Jnr' or whatever when he is clearly not fit to lace any of their boots.

Yeah, there were some weight issues in that fight aswell. Guzman has had trouble with weight before but 9lbs isn't struggling to make weight or a miscalculation, it's a "**** you and your lanky ass, Ali Funeka"

A lot of good him coming over here to train did then :D

Like you say though, 9lbs is taking the piss.

Small just got shafted.

Serves him right for wearing that pimp suit on the way into the ring, and calling himself 'Sugar Ray, Clay, Jones Jnr' or whatever when he is clearly not fit to lace any of their boots.

He can do whatever he wants, doesn't give judges the right to take food out of his mouth and a title from around his waist.

There have been some **** shocking decisions over here in British title fights this year.

Kameda vs Pong at about 10ish tomorrow morning :D

9lbs is nothing........

whenever i'm back in Brum i my nephews try to have a little scuffle with me....... i'm at least 80lb heavier than them...... fools!! 8)

I show them!! :D

9lbs is nothing........

whenever i'm back in Brum i my nephews try to have a little scuffle with me....... i'm at least 80lb heavier than them...... fools!! 8)

:lol:

Do you have to take your belt off though?

Small just got shafted.

Could have gone either way, looked shaky a couple of times as well, he didn't really do enough to take control though.

Wasn't even that close imo. Small should have been at least two up. 117-112 and 117-113 is **** ludicrous.

Just as bad as Napa getting robbed against McDonnell

9lbs is nothing........

:lol:

Do you have to take your belt off though?

Only when they decide to double-team...... then i'm mean, kidney shots and everything.......

Small just got shafted.

He can do whatever he wants, doesn't give judges the right to take food out of his mouth and a title from around his waist.

Indeed he can. Doesn't stop me thinking he's a cock and tittering when he gets fetched down a peg or two either :lol:

Â