The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

^ Agreed.

Carl Froch: 'I Don't Feel Sorry For Calzaghe, He's an Idiot'

CARL FROCH has branded Joe Calzaghe “an idiot” for his cocaine shame.

The WBC world super- middleweight champ has no sympathy for Calzaghe and says they will never fight now.

After a brilliant undefeated ­career, Welshman Calzaghe’s reputation was wrecked when he admitted to taking cocaine last month.

Calzaghe, who ignored ­offers from Froch to fight him, hung up his gloves last year after more than ten years as world champ.

After failing to lure Calzaghe into the ring, Froch entered the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament that features boxing’s top six super-middleweights.

Nottingham’s unbeaten Froch defends his world title against former Calzaghe ­victim Mikkel Kessler in Herning, Denmark, on ­Saturday in the second round of the competition.

And Froch, 33, warmed up for his third defence against Kessler by ripping into ­Calzaghe, 37.

He said: “Calzaghe has just been stupid. I don’t feel sorry for people who are idiots.

“He was bragging and being lairy around the old cocaine ­situation and talking about smoking weed. I just thought, ‘what an idiot’.

“Talk about letting his guard down and revealing all that to people he doesn’t know.

“You’ve got to have a bit of street cred about you if you’re going to give it the big one, ­talking about cocaine and ­playing the big, clever man.

“I don’t feel sorry for him, I just think he’s an idiot.

“He’s got no business in the professional boxing ring now and he looks about 14 stone.

“You can’t have that time off, take drugs and then expect to come back and compete.

“Even if he did want to drag his fat old self out of the ­armchair he’s got to get in line. I’ve got ­another four fights first, so it would be the end of 2011.”

Froch is unsure whether Dane Kessler, 31, has improved since his 2007 points loss to Calzaghe.

Kessler lost his WBA version of the world title on cuts to American Andre Ward in his last fight and Froch is expecting a backlash.

He said: “Kessler’s a wounded fox. But I’m in top shape. I feel so fit and strong, I will stop him.

“Whether he’s still at his best or not I don’t know but I’m going to be smacking him with heavy digs early on. Whichever way it goes, I win.”

Froch. :notworthy:

Carl Froch can suck my big toe Calzaghe is a villa fan

^ Agreed.

Carl Froch: 'I Don't Feel Sorry For Calzaghe, He's an Idiot'

CARL FROCH has branded Joe Calzaghe “an idiot” for his cocaine shame.

The WBC world super- middleweight champ has no sympathy for Calzaghe and says they will never fight now.

After a brilliant undefeated ­career, Welshman Calzaghe’s reputation was wrecked when he admitted to taking cocaine last month.

Calzaghe, who ignored ­offers from Froch to fight him, hung up his gloves last year after more than ten years as world champ.

After failing to lure Calzaghe into the ring, Froch entered the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament that features boxing’s top six super-middleweights.

Nottingham’s unbeaten Froch defends his world title against former Calzaghe ­victim Mikkel Kessler in Herning, Denmark, on ­Saturday in the second round of the competition.

And Froch, 33, warmed up for his third defence against Kessler by ripping into ­Calzaghe, 37.

He said: “Calzaghe has just been stupid. I don’t feel sorry for people who are idiots.

“He was bragging and being lairy around the old cocaine ­situation and talking about smoking weed. I just thought, ‘what an idiot’.

“Talk about letting his guard down and revealing all that to people he doesn’t know.

“You’ve got to have a bit of street cred about you if you’re going to give it the big one, ­talking about cocaine and ­playing the big, clever man.

“I don’t feel sorry for him, I just think he’s an idiot.

“He’s got no business in the professional boxing ring now and he looks about 14 stone.

“You can’t have that time off, take drugs and then expect to come back and compete.

“Even if he did want to drag his fat old self out of the ­armchair he’s got to get in line. I’ve got ­another four fights first, so it would be the end of 2011.”

Froch is unsure whether Dane Kessler, 31, has improved since his 2007 points loss to Calzaghe.

Kessler lost his WBA version of the world title on cuts to American Andre Ward in his last fight and Froch is expecting a backlash.

He said: “Kessler’s a wounded fox. But I’m in top shape. I feel so fit and strong, I will stop him.

“Whether he’s still at his best or not I don’t know but I’m going to be smacking him with heavy digs early on. Whichever way it goes, I win.”

Froch. :notworthy:

Carl Froch can suck my big toe Calzaghe is a villa fan

Calzaghe is also a **** word removed & a fraud.

WBC lightweight champion is recess Edwin Valero was arrested this morning by members of the Carabobo State Police on suspicion of murdering his wife Carolina Finol Viera. According to the Staff of the Scientific, Penal and Criminal (CICPC) it was reported that Mrs. Valero died of multiple stab wounds and that Valero is the alleged perpetrator of the act. The incident occurred at a hotel in the city of Valencia. Valero, after being apprehended, was taken to the General Command of Police of Carabobo

And so the thread gets deleted due to a couple of idiots.

Great.

Actually the thread got deleted because of you, no-one else but you and your participation in this website is under review as a consequence - Bicks

• Like 1

Is Calzaghe really a Villa fan?

No he's an over-rated Welsh arse bandit who feasted on nobodies and geriatrics for 10 years, then retired whilst his senile old man pronounced his sons greatness :x

If it turns out he is a Villa fan then I'm off to support the filth.

And so the thread gets deleted due to a couple of idiots.

Great.

One of them being you :winkold:

Ah cock, Bicks beat me to that gag, and in a slightly more stern tone.

"You’re faced with a dilemma at

the end of the month when Aston

Villa face Manchester United in the

Carling Cup final as you’re a big

Villa fan but also a good friend of

Wayne Rooney.

I’ve got to go for Aston Villa, haven’t

I? I would like to see them lift the

trophy because, let’s face it, United

haven’t fared too badly in recent years

and I also really like Martin O’Neill.

He’s a great bloke. I’d like to see

Wayne score in the final, though, and

he probably will. He’s in absolutely

tremendous form at the moment,

especially with those two wonderful

goals against AC Milan the other night.

That does it, I'm now a Blues fan.

:lol:

You won't be laughing when we beat you next week you claret and blue git :x

Ah **** it I can't do it, not even in jest, I'm back to Villa again despite the Calzaghe thing.

Tried the same once winding a friend up. It was awkward to say the least. Had to have a acid bath!

Dammit I was looking forward to reading that thread too, had a scan through the first page earlier and thought "this one will be an interesting read later on"

There was nothing decent even said after the first page either so it's a strange one :lol::lol:

Anyway, Chavez to get him off the charge?

Dammit I was looking forward to reading that thread too, had a scan through the first page earlier and thought "this one will be an interesting read later on"

There was nothing decent even said after the first page either so it's a strange one :lol::lol:

If the rumours are true, he won't be facing charges....

Talk to me more baby!

Drink some water, he's tired!

What rumours?

That does it, I'm now a Blues fan.

:lol:

You won't be laughing when we beat you next week you claret and blue git :x

Ah **** it I can't do it, not even in jest, I'm back to Villa again despite the Calzaghe thing.

Tried the same once winding a friend up. It was awkward to say the least. Had to have a acid bath!

I used to give out a lot of work to a contractor at our place who was a big fan of the filth and he was always inviting me down to the Sty for executive box days....my mates used to get really pissed off at me for going occasionally, couldn't see the harm myself. Free beer, and the chance to laugh at that shower of useless words removed, good day out usually - unless they won.

Talk to me more baby!

What rumours?

The rumours that he's brown bread. Hung himself, apparently.

Talk to me more baby!

What rumours?

The rumours that he's brown bread. Hung himself, apparently.

Just seen it over on Eastside. Predicted it would happen yesterday. How the **** they weren't watching him I'll never know.

R.I.P you crazy really bad person

Â