The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

the whole fight was pretty farcical, molina spent 2 minutes of each round spoiling and then looked interested in the last minute, really poor fight after the build up, cant believe the ref didn t say anything to him

i was also surprised by the morales v garcia fight, i had pretty much the same as jim watt, garcia winning by the extra point from the knock down, not a clue what the judge who scored it 118 - 109 saw

I thought Molina was winning quite comfortably. Yes, it was a bit ugly but he was nullifying Kirkland and doing the better work. Watt was doing my head in with his constant moaning. The ref definitely should have took action with some of Molina's tactics like the excessive holding though.

• 3 weeks later...

It's time for my semi regular **** boxing rant.

Abril - Rios is now up there with the great robberies.

Scorecards of 117-111 to Abril, then 115-112 and 115-113 Rios tells you all you need to know.

Rios is such a **** slob as well, can't even make weight yet again. Gets given extra time to make weight, but instead goes back heavier. Still who cares about shitty things like making weight when you can turn up, get dominated, and still pick up a win.

I have to say it was a decent performance from Tyson Fury this weekend. He is a hugely entertaining character, he seems like a nice guy and he has really developed as a fighter. He is starting to look in very good shape physically too and should be in some interesting fights over the next year or so.

Don't forget though that the bloke he was fighting didn't turn pro until he was 34 and hasn't had a fight in nearly two years and is 40 years old.

I always make a point of watching fury, for comedic value more than anything else you just never know what you are going to get in his fights

• 2 weeks later...

Mayweather v cotto predictions??

Im a big cotto fan but he is far to one dimensional for someone like mayweather and predict a UD mayweather win.

Anyone who likes a flutter id highly recommend putting some big money on Munroe to beat Quiqq. Quiqq is the favourite, yet is unproven and yet to fight anyone of Munroe's class. Munroe is on the way down but only last year he was fighting for world honours and still has oil in the tank. Going for a big Munroe UD win here. Upset the bookies but for knowledgble boxing fans it will not be an upset.

Â