The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

So Daniel Garcia is now fighting Khan on the same night as the Haye fight. Not a big fan of Garcia what so ever, and he is one of the few golden boy fighters that have been protected well. He looked decent against a faded morales and on paper should prove a tougher challenge then petterson was meant to be before he dethroned khan.

As a fairweather boxing fan from what I understand Froch is probably, just, rightly an underdog. He lost his last fight, and Bute is unbeaten and apparently fairly tasty in all boxing departments. Froch has said he sees the fight having a cagey opening few rounds (which Bute will want) and he intends to turn it into a brawl as the fight goes on, which suits him.

Froch has a couple of inch reach advantage and can take a punch, and has a slightly awkward style, and being at home potentially has an edge if a decision is required, Bute is probably the 'better' boxer and has a heavy punch, and of course has a good record (somewhat helped, it has to be said, by the Super 6 tournament Froch was in, meaning 6 good fighters in the division haven't had to fight Bute in the last couple of years).

It has the makings of a good fight imo, I'm looking forward to it. I hope Froch can take it but I'd lean towards Bute - although because of the home thing, he'll want to have a convincing performance to ward off being robbed by swayed judges, and he can't bank on knocking Froch out.

What do you guys think of the froch fight tonight?

Is he actually the underdog like the odds suggest?

Froch hasn't looked great in his last few fights. Even against Glen Johnson he didn't smash him. But I think it will be close tonight, Froch will want to impress the home crowd and Bute has never had a big test.

Yeah I can't tell if it's bias or not but I fancy froch. Bute is a long way from home

Against a very passionate home crowd, froch has mixed it with the best fighters in the division over the last few years and definitely hasn't looked out of place.

I'm gonna stick a few quid on froch I think.

50/50 fight for me. Froch is definitely the best opponent that Bute has faced. Bute is somewhere in the top 10 that Froch has faced. Bute has a great record, but I cant see him knocking Froch out and it might be difficult for him to get the points decision in Nottingham unless he does to Froch what Andre Ward did.

Fraudley fights tonight too, against a journeyman called Ali Adams. Not on TV as far as I am aware, but I think Fraudley wants an autumn fight with David Price.

Where do you put Froch in the list of British super middleweights now? Better than Benn? Better than Calzaghe? Better than Eubank?

Â