The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Where do you put Froch in the list of British super middleweights now? Better than Benn? Better than Calzaghe? Better than Eubank?

I think the Benn v McClennon fight was without doubt the best I've ever seen, awesome scrap!

I'd love to see a Benn v Froch fight, no idea who'd win tho?

Impossible to say really. Froch is very much in the mould of Nigel Benn, just a warrior with an unbreakable will. I still think Eubank was the best of the lot, especially at his peak. He was never the same fighter after he put Michael Watson in hospital though. One thing I will say though is that if Froch had been around in the 90s he would have definitely fought Roy Jones jr. He'd have lost of course, but he wouldnt have ducked him.

Froch was superb tonight. You can't help but admire the will of the guy. Not the most technically gifted but for shear guts and heart you'd struggle to find better.

Have to say I thought the referee was a disgrace tonight. He was going to let that fight go on if Butes trainer hadn't have come in to the ring. If anything he should have stopped it earlier.

If the ref had let it go any longer then Bute would have been knocked out cold. There is no way he could have taken the punishment Froch was handing out for much longer.

I watched the Klitschko "film' last night, has anyone else seen it? I thought that it was alright. Worth a watch anyway.

I know that I could have posted this in the films thread as they are calling it a film but to me it was a boxing documentary and I thought that posting it in here would be more relevant.

It's about both of them. They both come across as good genuine guys. Some interesting stories in it. A lot of when they are talking isn't in English but has English subtitles. I'd say that's the main downfall of it. They should have done an English dub because it does my head in after a while when you are chillin out but you have to keep reading subtitles.

just ordered the pacquiao v bradley fight

its been pretty understated this fight has I have seen barely any build up to it at all so far, gunna be another long night lol

pac man to win on points me recons

Manny looks like his head's not in it.

Watching 24/7 and the weigh in, and he doesn't seem like he cares too much about boxing.

Problem is Bradley needs to knock him out to win.

He's not getting a decision on the cards.

At this point I'd bet heavily against Manny, but there's no way in hell I'd bet against Arum.

I caught the weigh in. Bradley looks like he is entering a body building competition or something, he is cut like a freakin' steak at the moment. Manny looked very relaxed, almost too relaxed. Last time I saw him like that was just before the Ricky Hatton fight, and we all know what happened there. Write Manny off at your peril, the man's talent is immense and if you look at the people he has been in the ring with to date then I think it's fair to assume that Bradley doesnt intimidate him one bit. Like you say though, Manny has such a busy schedule with his politics (and he will be President of the Philippines within five years, wont he?) that you always wonder if he is now a part time boxer or not. This fight is all about which Pacquiao turns up, because Bradley has no answer to a Manny Pacquiao who is firing on all cylinders.

He might naturally be that weight between fights anyway I guess. Often a fighter will establish himself in a division he somehow ended up in early on just because that's where his promoter could get him the best fights.

(he's got **** all chance of getting a decision)

Don't you just love judging in sports. Had a UFC-call the other day going 30-27 30-27 27-30.

Â