The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

So Chisora - Haye is on.

How predictable after the pre-planned press conference fight. A last payday for two washed up fighters.

The brawl in Germany was definitely manufactured. However, your suggestion that either fighter is washed up is laughable.

interesting statement just released by the british boxing board of control.

wonder what that means for haye chisora...not that id be watching those muppets fight anyway

The BBBoC don't have a leg to stand on really.

They're opening themselves up to a restraint of trade case if they do what they say they will.

In all fairness I am not fussed at all by this fight I think they have done major damage to the sports reputation.

But that is coming from a boxing fans point of view.

I know many fair-weather boxing fans who are much more excited by this than they would be mayweather-PAC man purely because they have heard of both fighters and through reading the sun and them types of papers beleive them to be pretty good boxers

It won't set the world of boxing alight but for one night there will be a lot of English people making a point of staying in and watching this fight.

I will probably watch it cuz it's on boxnation and I'll more than likely have nothing better to do.

In all fairness I am not fussed at all by this fight I think they have done major damage to the sports reputation.

More so than Mayweather going to jail?

Come on, when it comes to writing a book on things that have damaged boxing there's plenty of things that would rank way above this. Tyson would have to have his own entire chapter for a start.

The whole chisora/haye thing is purely showing boxing in the wrong light, I am not saying that mayweather has a get out of jail card but what he done happened away from the ring.

One of the things I have always loved about boxing is that two people who "hate" each other before a fight will hug afterwards and give each other the upmost respect the whole chisora/haye thing just smacks of a grudge fight straight out of WWE.

If you pay someone to punch someone else in the fight you will always end up with people who can't keep their aggression inside of the ring but them pair embarrassed themselves in my opinion

However, your suggestion that either fighter is washed up is laughable.

It'll be interesting to see if either fighter fights again after this "grudge" match. Unless there's a rematch I can't see haye fighting again and Chisora will probably have enough money made to not have to bother touring around europe for fights.

Again, that doesnt mean either fighter is washed up.

Khan - Peterson is officially off too. Dunno what that means for Lamont Peterson, does he have to relinquish the belts? Khan needs to fight before late July too, I cant see him fighting during Ramadan again and that is the last week in July and the first three weeks of August. After that he wont be fighting fit until late November time, so this kinda **** his schedule over. A real shame, I still think he won the first fight and I'll bet he is regretting the day he decided to do business with Lamont Peterson.

Its looks like a weird one Rev.

His A&B samples from April were positive, but his May ones were clear.

Peterson has also allegedly said that he was using before the first fight (which I can't believe ANYONE is THAT stupid.)

If he's positive, surely its a 2 year ban? How can you explain synthetic testosterone inside you? No doubt how ever the boxing authorities will find some way to make a total pigs ear of it.

:(

Listened to the Bunce show on the radio earlier, they seem to think that the first Khan - Peterson fight will be declared a no contest now because Peterson said he took drugs before the first fight. Khan gets the defeat struck from his record and his belts back then?

I saw Khan put a tweet out earlier saying that he'll be fighting either the 7th or 14th of July and they are trying to confirm an opponent.

I'm not a massive Khan fan but I actually feel abit sorry for him. He was robbed in the first fight and now this has happened. Boxing is corrupt as ****!

Listened to the Bunce show on the radio earlier, they seem to think that the first Khan - Peterson fight will be declared a no contest now because Peterson said he took drugs before the first fight. Khan gets the defeat struck from his record and his belts back then?

God I hope not. That means we will have to endure Khan spoting bollocks about how justice has been done for the next few months.

If that DID end up happening then to be fair to Khan he would be right to be saying that justice has been done.

I know, its just the fact he will go on and on and on and on. I cant stand Khan as you may have guessed :lol:

Personal bias is a pretty shitty reason though. I hope Khan is vindicated, I still think he was cheated out of the decision on the night and now Peterson has publicly admitted he is a drugs cheat its a double whammy on Khan's record. It cant be made a no contest quickly enough as far as I'm concerned, I'm just disappointed we have lost a show I was looking forward to seeing. Broner - Sykes is off too, and I'd have liked another look at Broner.

Broner - Sykes is off too, and I'd have liked another look at Broner.

I don't think we would have seen much of him.

What was really shocking from the interview with Sykes' trainer last night was the fact that no one has contacted them to tell them the fight has been cancelled. How bad it that?

Kid Galahad fights on Channel 5 again tonight. I think it all might be a bit soon for him headlining these shows. He's not even anywhere near the top British fighters (Quigg, Munroe, Frampton). It will be interesting to see Eubank Jr in action again though.

I didnt see the Price fight but Kessler looked pretty good again last night, shame that his carreer has stalled so much over the last few years through injuries

an impressive knock out from him though

Â