The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Good luck with that. 

I think if it stays in its own lane ie influencers vs influencers it’s ok. It’s just “entertainment” sport like WWE.

It’s clearly popular, and as said above is also got us talking about it so they have done their job.

Edited by jim

10 minutes ago, jim said:

I think if it stays in its own lane ie influencers vs influencers it’s ok. It’s just “entertainment” sport like WWE.

It’s clearly popular, and as said above is also got us talking about it so they have done their job.

It’s encouraging to see that the judging is just as bent as real boxing

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bingo.

Its the most popular version of boxing going. 

Which really does show the absolute state of the sport at the minute. There's some fantastic fights going on, but people only really tend to bother watching the heavyweights. And even then, the biggest star in that division is fighting Ngannou - fantastic MMA fighter but has never had a professional boxing match. If I'm honest, I really do hope that Fury fights Ngannou in MMA like he said he would. It'd be hilarious. I don't think he'd last longer than 2 minutes.

2 hours ago, jim said:

I do wonder if that “win” was to save face for boxing. KSI beating a “pro” is very embarrassing.

The entire ‘thing’ is embarrassing, can’t understand why anyone who isn’t a 12 year old prime drinking, tik tok using, man bag wearing tit would watch it.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

DAZN need to decide how they proceed here, they can’t do proper boxing and also this stuff and broadcast it the same way. They’ll lose any credibility. 

The Logan Paul finale was the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen. Clearly both “fighters” knew what to do with the fall, security and fake brawl. Why on earth would security need go storm inside a boxing ring during a fight? It’s ridiculous.

It casts a shadow over the whole thing when you get both participants clearly in on the script.

Fury didn’t appear to do enough to win, but got the win. Was it in the script? Were the judges also in on the story of how it had to play out?

Previously it looksd like amateurs having a go at boxing. Now it’s a boxing version of WWE. All preplanned drama with results agreed in advance. 

2 hours ago, jim said:

It doesn't interest me as a spectacle, but it's a mad, mad World we currently live in.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

And yet there are about 100 posts about it overnight here. They know what they’re doing.

every one of them was saying how shit it was. can't speak for others, but it was the first and last of these such events i watch

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

Watching it for free is one thing, the people paying £25 need their heads looking at. 

No one paid £25 to watch a serious boxing match. Its all really a broadcast for there followers, an if they get even a quarter of those they will be quids in. Most of their social media followers probably thought it was the best thing they have ever seen, an probably acted it out in there bedrooms straight after. 😂

It was quite funny that Talksport commentating have obviously just jumped in on the act for a couple of quid for there advertisers.

Spencer Oliver and Gary A Davis still trying to big it up at the end was side splitting. Obviously been told not to disrespect the event in anyway.

Â