The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Soon be time to have a heavyweight steroid boxing championship

They have that already, it's called boxing. And it's not just the heavy weights that are at it...

As for the low blow he hit him on the logo of his shorts but, like in all fights, the fighters are allowed wear their shorts and protection way way too high. Been a problem for years but nobody does anything about it. At a minimum you should be able to see both fighters belly button. 

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

They have that already, it's called boxing. And it's not just the heavy weights that are at it...

As for the low blow he hit him on the logo of his shorts but, like in all fights, the fighters are allowed wear their shorts and protection way way too high. Been a problem for years but nobody does anything about it. At a minimum you should be able to see both fighters belly button. 

Dubois gets beat up by a pumped up Cruiserweight and has the temerity to say he's been robbed. 

On 28/08/2023 at 09:02, Follyfoot said:

Couple of joints, I reckon

Looking forward to the rematch Saturday. I really hope Jr pulls it off, he's certainly got the right man in his corner. I have a sneaky feeling Jr might just turn it round,  in what could turn out to be a contender for fight of the year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Looking forward to the rematch Saturday. I really hope Jr pulls it off, he's certainly got the right man in his corner. I have a sneaky feeling Jr might just turn it round,  in what could turn out to be a contender for fight of the year. 

Kind of leaning towards Eubank myself, he will have learned a lot from the first fight 

All the heavyweights have gone quiet this week, with Warren pushing for a Dubois-Usyk decider to complete their trilogy and everyone else waiting for someone in the Usyk camp to give him enough money to go away.

The division really could do with an up and comer, some new blood - with the big names still making money even though half of them are garbage, that path seems blocked sadly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

All the heavyweights have gone quiet this week, with Warren pushing for a Dubois-Usyk decider to complete their trilogy and everyone else waiting for someone in the Usyk camp to give him enough money to go away.

The division really could do with an up and comer, some new blood - with the big names still making money even though half of them are garbage, that path seems blocked sadly.

If would be great if the big night happens, Usyk versus Fury and AJ versus Wilder. 

Then afterwards all 4 retire.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The American kid Anderson looks very promising. Has that kind of Tyson aura about him. On the British side, Frazer Clarke, I'm guessing European title level at best.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2023 at 15:26, Follyfoot said:

Kind of leaning towards Eubank myself, he will have learned a lot from the first fight 

Ladbrokes out the kindness of their heart gave me a 1pound free bet for the boxing. I've erred on the side of optimism and gone for Jr between 4 and 6 at 14/1.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Allen at his best was garbage. Never took the sport seriously enough and I like to say a wasted talent but that would be a undeserving compliment.

Allen was a likeable character who lacked talent, Eddie Hearn continuously threw him to the wolves because his popularity would sell a few more PPV's with him on the undercard.

He had absolutely no right being in the ring with people like David Price let alone Dillian White and Luis Ortiz. Eddie Hearn should be ashamed of himself for some of the beatings he put on that kid.

At the same time though, if Allen is to be believed he's invested all the money and protected his kids futures quite nicely. 

Â