If you found a mobile phone would you keep it?

Noah

To keep or not to keep?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. To keep or not to keep?

• Reunite it and be the good guy
    • Screw them, they should look after their belongings properly!

I found an iphone this afternoon whilst out and for a moment thought about keeping it, but then starting thinking about the person who had lost it and how they might feel. So I phoned the house number saved in the address book and organised to reunite it with its owner.

Karma, and all that...

What would you have done?

I found an iphone this afternoon whilst out and for a moment thought about keeping it, but then starting thinking about the person who had lost it and how they might feel. So I phoned the house number saved in the address book and organised to reunite it with its owner.

Karma, and all that...

What would you have done?

I did exactly that a few years back and am still waiting to collect my good karma.

I found a mobile in a nightclub a few years back. I was looking through the name lists and there were a bunch of weird nicknames as well as "mum". So I called the mothers mumber and she said she would send her son round to collect the phone.

Later that day a huge black Rangerover pulles up with personalised plates and tinted out windows out of which jumps Marlon Harewood with 2 bottles of wine :D

He was playing for west ham back then so it wasn't as cool as if it were a Villa player but cool none the less. I was thinking back over the nicknames in the phone, after I had given it back, wondering how many other players numbers would have been in there.

My missus left a purse with thirty quid (but no ID) in it on a shop counter last Saturday. I went round on Monday and they had it safe and returned it.

Some honest people left.

EDIT: The funny bit was we'd both just been to the cashpoint and I put my money in my (front) trouser pocket, as usual, and she gave me a lecture about how this was unsafe, and I should get a wallet like she used.

Ho ho.

ive done the same and returned one, some samsung after a cribs gig, ive since had 2 stolen

but ive also had one that fell out of my pocket whilst i was sat on a bench returned to me following an enquiry about CCTV in caesar's palace (long story) that had 300 odd photos on it

I found a Samsung on the floor in touchwood and phoned the number saved as home. It turned out it belonged to a girl in my maths class at sixth form I'd found her and given it back within 15 minutes. I've had one nicked since then, karma my arse.

I found a mobile in a nightclub a few years back. I was looking through the name lists and there were a bunch of weird nicknames as well as "mum". So I called the mothers mumber and she said she would send her son round to collect the phone.

Later that day a huge black Rangerover pulles up with personalised plates and tinted out windows out of which jumps Marlon Harewood with 2 bottles of wine :D

He was playing for west ham back then so it wasn't as cool as if it were a Villa player but cool none the less. I was thinking back over the nicknames in the phone, after I had given it back, wondering how many other players numbers would have been in there.

Nice one!

But it does beg the question: would you have felt the same if the dude in the Rangerover had been Ashley Cole?

I found one outside the bank a few years back.

It was locked so I did a default 0000 and hey presto, it unlocked!

Found 'Dad' in the address book and called. It was answered by a nice old Irish fella who sent his son around to collect it.

I can't imagine why people would want to keep something that wasn't theirs.

Only time it happened my mate found this girls phone on the floor in the bogs at some rave weekender.

Back at the chalet she gets it out and we all start looking for funny pics, which we found. Pics of her in lingerie, pics of her and her vibrator etc etc. Anyway we took it upon ourselves to forward a few choice pics onto 'mom', 'dad' and 'nan' with some inspired captions.

It was absolutely piss hilarious at the time but looking back i feel quite shady. She would have been none the wiser coming home on monday, just a phone down.. not the fact her rents had seen these pics. I wish i'd have been a fly on the wall.

Under normal circumstances i'd return it though.

Â