If you found a mobile phone would you keep it?

Noah

To keep or not to keep?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. To keep or not to keep?

• Reunite it and be the good guy
    • Screw them, they should look after their belongings properly!

This. I've found a number of phones and returned them all. I've lost one, as I posted on here and he made calls. I sent him a number of texts and he ignored them all, continuing to make calls. I cancelled it then.

You see! They say 'it all comes back to you'. It does 'n it's b*ll***s.

Having been in the situation before I know I'd hand it in. Didn't even occur to me to steal it.

Though having been mugged before obviously I know some people would. If you keep it you're not quite as bad as a mugger, but it's still stealing.

Maybe send some text messages aswell...

Stuff like "Just saw Dad bet into a blond" to the entry for "Mom" etc.

Something like that, if you're friends with a couple aswell then 'acciedently' send one saying "Thanks for last night, X will never find out"

Something along those lines :D

I found an iphone this afternoon whilst out and for a moment thought about keeping it, but then starting thinking about the person who had lost it and how they might feel. So I phoned the house number saved in the address book and organised to reunite it with its owner.

Karma, and all that...

What would you have done?

The same. But if I found a box full of iphones, that's another thing 8)

I went out the other day and as I got out of the car I noticed a mobile on the floor. I looked at the contacts list to find a number that I could ring to try to find the owner. The first name I saw was a nickname which was the same as my daughters boyfriends. I decided to ring my daughter to see if she had any idea who's phone it could be. Imagine my surprise when I dialed my daughters number and the phone I had found started ringing. It so happens she had been in a pub in the area the night before and lost her phone but was unaware until I woke her with a call to our home number.

I have found a couple in my time. Returned them both, got a smile and a handshake as a reward on both occasions too.

Returning them might have been because they were shit phones, but I think I did the right thing. One had a load of mucky texts on it though.

Depends if the phone belongs to a guy or a gal. :winkold:

Maybe people are nicer over there, I've not heard of phones being returned here before. And it certainly seems to make no difference for you at all whether or not you return it so I don't see why anyone would make the effort.

I'd always hand it back. Lost mine when I was about 12, and someone rang my Mom and she gave the person who found it £10.

The thing with Phones are, they are easy to find the person who owns them because of the contacts, so it's a no brainer.

However if you find like £50 on the floor, there's no easy way of finding the previous owner so you might aswell take it. :lol:

ive found phones before, multiple times at festivals, and ive always looked for "home" in the phonebook and given it a ring. if there was no credit on the phone i found id use my own if i had any, or if not id ask for a lend of a phone from a friend who had credit and ask if the person answering had any way of getting in touch with a friend of the person whos phone id found so i can organise to give it back to them. id like to think thered be a tiny chance of the same thing happening to me if i lost mine

my record btw in 12 years of festivals is 3 phones found, 3 phones reunited with their owners

Well, quite the opposite happened to the woman I see from time to time this friday. It was her birthday and she was out with her friends celebrating and I was to pick her up when she wanted to go home. She called me at about 3:30am so I put some clothes on and drove away. When I was close to where I should pick her up I called her but she put the call off. I thought she was in a crowdeed place and couldn't talk and knew I was on my way so I didn't think more of it. When I was at the place she wasn't there so I texted her where I was, It's a big parking place and I couldn't stand where I usually stand. She didn't come or answer for 10-15 minutes, which is a rather long time for her in those circumstances so I sent a new message asking if she was on her way. Again she didn't answer but then I saw her and her friend walking around looking for me and then they saw me. Her mobile had been stolen. Good thing she'd already called me and knew just about where I was going to pick her up. Damn idiots who can't let others property be. She blocked the number as soon as we got home.

Â