General Chat

Stevo985

Nah, last time they were looking for a single gene. This time they took 3 vials (and I've no idea what for >_>)and it took a minute, last time took about 5 mins and the vial was enormous.

I hate those drip ones as well, only had it once and it was not nice, and thats speaking as someone who is alright with needles.

I don't care about needles really. Or blood for that matter. But I do care about a far too large needle being left in my arm for long periods of time. So are you ok then?

Shouldn't have been a needle left in your arm! A needle is used to introduce a very small diameter plastic tube called a cannula into your vein.

Nah, last time they were looking for a single gene. This time they took 3 vials (and I've no idea what for >_>)and it took a minute, last time took about 5 mins and the vial was enormous.

I hate those drip ones as well, only had it once and it was not nice, and thats speaking as someone who is alright with needles.

I don't care about needles really. Or blood for that matter. But I do care about a far too large needle being left in my arm for long periods of time. So are you ok then?

Shouldn't have been a needle left in your arm! A needle is used to introduce a very small diameter plastic tube called a cannula into your vein.

All I can tell you is they put a needle in my arm which had a tube connected to it which they hooked up to an IV. And depending on if I moved to far away from the bag of fluid I would feel the needle/tube in my arm moving around.

They don't bother me either.

I'm fine, my doc referred me last week for a blood test for a problem that I've finally decided I've had enough of, secretly I think she wanted the blood test done anyway because she's convinced I'm anaemic. I'm not entirely sure what they were planning on finding with a blood test since I'm not sure what that has to do with the problem I've got, but never mind.

The time before I was fine as well. My brother wasn't so happy, they spent 5 minutes poking around in his arm for a vein, he was a mess afterwards.

All I can tell you is they put a needle in my arm which had a tube connected to it which they hooked up to an IV. And depending on if I moved to far away from the bag of fluid I would feel the needle/tube in my arm moving around.

The bag of fluid wouldn't have run if the needle was still in the cannula, in fact they wouldn't have been able to attach the tubing. The cannula can be quite painful when they are in place depending how long they have been in and what drugs are going through them. I had one that caned after two days. Max time for a cannula is 72 hrs.

I refused any narcotics. But as a result everything they were trying to give me didn't work. I was only in for about 12 hours. But they had to keep moving me for more tests. And every time they did whatever was in my arm would get pulled and made me want to slap a nurse every time. Although I didn't of course. Also there is NO warning you if they decide you need to be naked for something.

No excuses for not communicating. Was that in the U.S?

hahaha...Yup. I made them all laugh though. She just went to pull the top off me and I smacked her hand away. Then the other nurse later told me she was the only one in that day and she was in a hurry. And they sometimes forget that not everyone is as relaxed as they are with the naked situation.

No excuses for not communicating. Was that in the U.S?

hahaha...Yup. I made them all laugh though. She just went to pull the top off me and I smacked her hand away. Then the other nurse later told me she was the only one in that day and she was in a hurry. And they sometimes forget that not everyone is as relaxed as they are with the naked situation.

Ye because it's not them it's happening to! However it is really easy to lose sight of that person to person thing when it's busy and you are stretched. Sounds like typical NHS stuff.

They don't bother me either.

I'm fine, my doc referred me last week for a blood test for a problem that I've finally decided I've had enough of, secretly I think she wanted the blood test done anyway because she's convinced I'm anaemic. I'm not entirely sure what they were planning on finding with a blood test since I'm not sure what that has to do with the problem I've got, but never mind.

The time before I was fine as well. My brother wasn't so happy, they spent 5 minutes poking around in his arm for a vein, he was a mess afterwards.

Well whatever is going on at least it's good to know you're fine. Your brothers luck on the other hand could use some work.

How hot is Anna Kournikova the first time I've not switche off Graham Norton within 7 seconds... Not seen her on tv for years , has a perfect American accent for a Ukranian

viruses gone, internet explorer not working. firefox is though. 90% success. :)

If the virus has gone and internet explorer doesn't work, i'd call that 100% success :D

Â