General Chat

Stevo985

You have it towards the end of your day. So it is timing! It's just that your school day ends at ~3pm or whatever.

You still eat at roughly the same times though no? It's just that you add extra meals as you get older.

I have breakfast when I wake up, a snack around 10, lunch at 12.30 or so, another light meal around 4/5 depending on work, dinner at 8ish, then another snack (which I've never called anything in particular) around 11.

"Supper" I have always taken as a posh way of saying dinner. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah supper is not something I've ever used. I have three meals, the latest of which is dinner and is ideally never later than 7:30. If I do get peckish or have a late night in prospect, then I'll just have a bowl of cereal later that I don't call anything in particular. Right, that's that sorted :)

Yeah supper is not something I've ever used. I have three meals, the latest of which is dinner and is ideally never later than 7:30. If I do get peckish or have a late night in prospect, then I'll just have a bowl of cereal later that I don't call anything in particular. Right, that's that sorted :)

You should eat before bed if you're looking to build muscle. Piece of brown toast with a spoon full of peanut butter. 

Weight is just as important so no I think I have it figured.

It keeps your metabolism ticking over too. I'm not talking about having a meal, just a piece of toasted seeded loaf. Just one. Sack the peanut butter off if you're not fussed about the protein. Zero fat yogurt is another good one, just a couple of spoons can be enough. 

You may think you have it figured, you probably don't. For what it's worth neither do I.

I'm looking to study biology and nutrition starting in September, fascinating stuff. Especially the myths. 

You may think you have it figured, you probably don't. For what it's worth neither do I.

My comment probably read more arrogant than I intended ! What I meant was, what I'm doing is working for me. But genuinely thanks for the suggestion as I'm always looking to learn!

As a kid:

Term time (at school): evening meal was supper (as the main meal of the day was lunch at lunchtime) and tea was about 4pm - tea and toast, occasionally a cake/biscuit, too.

Holidays (at home): evening meal was tea (the main meal of the day).

Over time, it just became more and more natural to call the evening meal supper as it specifically distinguished it from another mealtime.

Dinner's a formal thing in my book.

I'm showing a 48mbps connection on speed test, yet I'm trying to download a (perfectly legal) torrented file with over 2000 seeds and it's coming in at a snails pace. Shooting up to 1.5mbps then back down to less than 10kbps and staying there for ten minutes before coming back up. On both utorrent and vuze clients.

Very, very odd. It's a large file, over 14gb, does anyone have an explanation for this?

How long has the torrent been running? You're probably in a queue with most seeders. Give it time and it'll go up, unless your firewall or ISP is blocking traffic -check the fair use policy of your ISP

How long has the torrent been running? You're probably in a queue with most seeders. Give it time and it'll go up, unless your firewall or ISP is blocking traffic -check the fair use policy of your ISP

It's a new issue. I didn't know about this waiting in a queue malarky. I'll see if it resoles itself. 

(as I type that, steady at 1mbps)

You can set your client to only allow x amount of leachers at any one time. Any more than that and they queue up.

Yeah, I've done a fair amount of work on the settings. Like I say, this is a new issue, today, with this one file. It's now hovering around 500kbps, which I shouldn't complain about too much compared to the woes of others. It's just annoying when I know I can usually download a file of that size and popularity in a couple of hours. 

It's funny, but I came up as Precariat, even accounting for the fact that my lifetime total liquid inheritances may well top GBP200k, not counting property.

(I suspect that anybody tagging less than 20k in income and renting will be Precariat, even though it's almost surely more economically rational at this point to rent than own)

Edited by leviramsey

Â