General Chat

Stevo985

The Nordic cup, how could i forget the amount of times Ive looked forward to that tournament. It must be cus I've always associated Sweden with crap flat pack furniture and sex with farm yard animals.

Ah, cheers. Might pop in on my lunch.

I've been left holding the fort really at work today and have that horrible anxious 'somethings either going to go wrong or I'll scrape through by the skin of my teeth' feeling already. Not good.

I was so curious I went back to my version of the book and checked.

It does say Sweden ha splayed the most (england is second) but it's only measured up to 1990 and Sweden only lead by 12 matches.

Are the stats different in Soccernomics? (I'm not being a dick, I'm just curious, as I understood the books to be the same except for the title)

i dont go to the website but according to i newspaper reddit had a british problems thread going yesterday, including the ones that im guilty of -

looking forward to a documentary only to be disappointed that the narrartor isnt attenborough

offering people the last biscuit out of politeness only for someone to say yes

getting your hair cut, being asked if it is right and saying yes despite the fact that it isnt

thinking that people who have sugar in their drink as intellectually inferior

apologising for not smoking when someone asks for a light

made me chuckle

I was at V.P. recently.Can anyone tell me who is that statue of ? the one in front of the Trinity road reception.

I took a picture of it and I dont know who he is ( it does not look like deadly doug )

it is William McGregor, founder of the Football League, and heavily involved with the Villa in the early days

-DAH! Beaten for the second time today.

PS. Welcome back Pussycat, fellow member of the VT avatar is a cat club

Somehow, I don't think a statue of Deadly Doug would have gone down as well

I'm actually suprised he never had one built though. Maybe in mid-bicycle kick motion or something, just another great piece of history attirbuted to Aston Villa.

I was at V.P. recently.Can anyone tell me who is that statue of ? the one in front of the Trinity road reception.

I took a picture of it and I dont know who he is ( it does not look like deadly doug )

Jermaine Jackson.

Are the stats different in Soccernomics?

Yeah...it's their "updated edition", so I'm assuming they didn't include certain games/tournaments when coming up with the Sweden number in the original.

Â