General Chat

Stevo985

Help!

I'm using Word at work. I've pressed something accidentally and now whatever I type comes up red and underlined (the font is still set to black and not underlined)

Whenever I delete anything, it doesn't delete it and just puts a red line through it instead (strikethrough isn't selected or anything)

Anyone know what I've done and how to fix it?

"Errrrm, why are you still using Word? Don't you know that's a shit program?"

"Errrrrm, why are you using Windows? Don't you know *insert alternative operating system here* is way better"

^^^that's to save the inevitable boring responses the time and effort of writing a post that I won't read. You're welcome.

If the typing itself has turned red, it sounds as iff you've inadvertently turned on Track Changes.

From the Review tab's Changes group, click the arrow under Accept and select Accept All Changes In Document. In the Tracking group, the Track Changes icon should be selected (e.g. toggled on). Click it to unselect it.

Thanks guys.

Turns out it was AIDs. All sorted now though.

(actually it was tracking changes, thanks Carl!)

I just googled " word red and underlined problem " you lazy git.:D

I have to google how to take a screenshot ffs . I have no clue what tracking changes are.

Didn't want to ruin the Olympics thread with football talk, so thought I'd hijack General Chat for a moment...

Having spent the last couple of weeks watching the Olympics, I found yesterday's community shield to be a bit of a cold shower in terms of sporting behaviour. There was no particular malice about this game, but compared to the Olympics, football really is a fairly disgusting sport.

I do not understand why the sport has to be so full of hatred. 90 minutes of players getting at each other and the referee infront of a backdrop of 35,000 fans who all seem to hate each other for no other reason other than the football team they decided to follow.

Contrast this to the Olympics, where a hugely partizan British crowd will clap and appreciate the efforts of all athletes, even those in direct competition with the British competitors. Not only this, but complete respect between athletes of all nations and disciplines.

I have gone right off football over the past year, and watching the Olympics has made me realise how pathetic elements of the game have become.

Didn't want to ruin the Olympics thread with football talk, so thought I'd hijack General Chat for a moment...

Having spent the last couple of weeks watching the Olympics, I found yesterday's community shield to be a bit of a cold shower in terms of sporting behaviour. There was no particular malice about this game, but compared to the Olympics, football really is a fairly disgusting sport.

I do not understand why the sport has to be so full of hatred. 90 minutes of players getting at each other and the referee infront of a backdrop of 35,000 fans who all seem to hate each other for no other reason other than the football team they decided to follow.

Contrast this to the Olympics, where a hugely partizan British crowd will clap and appreciate the efforts of all athletes, even those in direct competition with the British competitors. Not only this, but complete respect between athletes of all nations and disciplines.

I have gone right off football over the past year, and watching the Olympics has made me realise how pathetic elements of the game have become.

I agree with some of what you said, but this has been discussed at length in the Olympics thread. I predict Brumerican will disagree with what you have said.

I feel slightly guilty that I don't want to watch the Paralympics.

I mean, credit to the athletes in transcending their disabilities to do hard competitive sport, I take my hat off to them.

But watching it, I just can't escape the feeling that it's a freakshow.

^^ Sort of with you there Mike.

IMO it should not be separated from the main Games. The two should run side by side or not at all.

All a bit after the Lord Mayor's show tbh.

The Olympics has been refreshing for all of the above. however, I cannot wait for the football season to start. Due to the fact I got bored of the Olympics.

I have missed the tribal feeling (without the stupidity and violence) that you only get in football. I like the feeling of being the 'away' team or the crackling atmosphere.

I have enjoyed the Olympics and I will enjoy the footy. I just treat them as completely separate.

Not only this, but complete respect between athletes of all nations and disciplines.

I take it you missed the Spain v France basketball match then? It was like the Premier League only taller.

Very eloquently put. I hate the 'tribal' nature of football fans. These players in which we are priveledged to watch week in, week out dont deserve to be called all the names under the sun because of the shirt they wear.

There's a reason we don't live in tribes anymore, because it's neanderthal. Some of the shit I hear makes me not want to go, because people are common. :lol:

There's a reason we don't live in tribes anymore, because it's neanderthal. Some of the shit I hear makes me not want to go, because people are common. :lol:

Meltdown from at least one member of the Villa Talk Communist Party in 5......4......3......2........1...........

Meltdown from at least one member of the Villa Talk Communist Party in 5......4......3......2........1...........

Not this one. I agree with him.

I agree 100%, although I wouldn't say I was put off football to the extent you are, I can't wait for the new season to start.

However in all the Olympic events I've watched I've been amazed at not just how the crowd seems to be be supportive of all competitors, but that the athletes themselves are so good-natured and sporting.

I think it's pretty obvious why many footballers are unsporting cheats and assholes and that's due to the money involved. I'm not really sure why there is so much hatred amongst different fans though, I find it truly pathetic. I'll probably get shot down or not be called a real fan, but I don't hate the blues and whenever I read a post on here which insults them, I roll my eyes and think that this is what is wrong with the sport.

Some people genuinely dislike someone just because they see them walking down the street wearing a different football shirt. I don't know how anyone can't see how truly pathetic that is.

Not this one. I agree with him.

To be fair Mike, I always seen you in the Liberal wing of the Party. FWIW I agree too. Most football fans are knuckle dragging inbreds.

Â