General Chat

Stevo985

But sleep is refreshing, recharges the batteries, and all that

Yep, necessary evil. I don't enjoy it, but I have to do it.

Like taking a crap.

You edited out the bit about dreaming. I love dreams.

But sleep is refreshing, recharges the batteries, and all that

Yep, necessary evil. I don't enjoy it, but I have to do it.

Like taking a crap.

You edited out the bit about dreaming. I love dreams.

Meh, my dreams usually feel very ordinary. I rarely get nightmares, but conversely I don't get sweet dreams very often as well.

To each his own I guess.

Bad dreams are my favourite. The overwhelming disappointment of waking up from a good dream just ruins them.

Whereas the unrelenting joy of realising I'm not about to eaten alive by a T-Rex is glorious.

Yep.

I have lots of Irish relatives and it always surprised me (since I've been able to understand anyway) how quickly it's all done and dusted over there.

When my gran was buried (the first one I was actually ionvolved with in helping to organise etc)it actually didn't feel right to me that it was done so quickly. Felt like there was a goodbye missing or something. hard to explain.

Incidentally I also helped dig the grave (and fill it back in) for my Gran (don't know if that's an Irish thing or just a "thing" where my family comes from. That was really harrowing for me. Genuinely freaked me out and I wish I'd never done it.

Digging and filling in the grave is a rural Irish thing. Also, we have wakes over here. Dunno if that's done in England.

I had a recurring dream as a kid that I was chased upstairs in my old old house by a Ford Probe. Just..... odd.

Correcting spelling and grammar errors is my favourite... pastime. :)

Shouldn't that be grammatical? :lol:

Could be, but my version is still OK. Grammar errors = errors in grammar. Grammatical errors = errors which relate to grammar (where grammatical is an adjective rather than a noun). Works either way.

I was only teasing anyway. :)

Â