General Chat

Stevo985

I got this response today from an interview I had last week, now am I being mugged off here or is that a genuine reason? If it is genuine then I am pretty annoyed about having to take a day off from my current employers, get dressed up and pay out on fuel to go for an interview that I obviously never stood a chance with.

Hi Danny

Hope you're well.

My apologies for the delay in contacting,

I wanted to let you know that you'reinterview went well, we could tell how much you enjoyed working in a stock environment and we were genuinely pleased with some of the answers you gave to the questions.

At the present time i have a large numberof people who meet the criteria for the role and are internal and at riskof redundancy, therefore i'm unable to offer you a role at the presenttime, but if any other positions come available we will gladly consideryou.

I know you're background is stock butwe are recruiting for warehouse operatives (salary £7.29 p/h plus shiftpremium) if you wanted to give this a go you are more than welcome to apply,and then you would be in a better position should any other stock positionscome up.

On the plus side I had an interview elsewhere and they have asked me to go back next Friday for a quick chat with someone else from management.

I got this response today from an interview I had last week, now am I being mugged off here or is that a genuine reason? If it is genuine then I am pretty annoyed about having to take a day off from my current employers, get dressed up and pay out on fuel to go for an interview that I obviously never stood a chance with.

Hi Danny

Hope you're well.

I wanted to let you know that you'reinterview went well, we could tell how much you enjoyed working in a stock environment and we were genuinely pleased with some of the answers you gave to the questions.

At the present time i have a large numberof people who meet the criteria for the role and are internal and at riskof redundancy, therefore i'm unable to offer you a role at the presenttime, but if any other positions come available we will gladly consideryou.

I know you're background is stock butwe are recruiting for warehouse operatives (salary £7.29 p/h plus shiftpremium) if you wanted to give this a go you are more than welcome to apply,and then you would be in a better position should any other stock positionscome up.

On the plus side I had an interview elsewhere and they have asked me to go back next Friday for a quick chat with someone else from management.

ill be honest I cant quite see what your complaining about. my guess would be that they interviewed a number both internally and externally. maybe they received more internal applicants than expected or they were better quality than expected. I think its good practice that they replied and have offered you a way into the company.

Hi Danny

Hope you're well.

ill be honest I cant quite see what your complaining about. my guess would be that they interviewed a number both internally and externally. maybe they received more internal applicants than expected or they were better quality than expected. I think its good practice that they replied and have offered you a way into the company.

Yeah to be fair thats not a bad response, obviously they have to interview internally and externally by law and its always going to go to someone already in the company.

Sounds like they were still quite interested in you.

My grandad just got back from our church's Christmas fate, and he won the raffle. The prize he picked was a voucher for 2 people to have a stadium tour of Villa Park before august 2012 for free. Now considering my grandad is a bluenose, these are no use to him so turns out he picked them just to give to me :D Happy days!

My grandad just got back from our church's Christmas fate, and he won the raffle. The prize he picked was a voucher for 2 people to have a stadium tour of Villa Park before august 2012 for free. Now considering my grandad is a bluenose, these are no use to him so turns out he picked them just to give to me :D Happy days!

so a bluenose gambled at a church fete and won a tour of Villa Park....yet there are still a couple of people on here that need to see proof God exists!

After 6 years of browsing this site and nearly 4 of posting (rarely), I've just got round to making an avatar and I'm really proud of it, probably happier than I should be. I went through all the threads just looking for something to say to show it off but just ended up in here.

Saturday night eh? Rock on

Â