General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, Seat68 said:

YES! Absolutely 100 percent agree. God knows what they have done. 

Their sales are going to be destroyed.  Literally the only reason for their spread to exist has gone. 

• Like 1

Dave Courtney found dead, apparently shot himself in the head. I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but he was never what he claimed to be, that's why Frankie Fraser called him out. 

He was a debt collector which is just a euphemism for a bully. A fantasist, who rode on the coat tails of the Kray,s infamy. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Dave Courtney found dead, apparently shot himself in the head. I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but he was never what he claimed to be, that's why Frankie Fraser called him out. 

He was a debt collector which is just a euphemism for a bully. A fantasist, who rode on the coat tails of the Kray,s infamy. 

I mean, he was only 64 therefore born in 1959.  H wouldn't have been 18 till 1977.

How could he possible have been mixed up with The Krays?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Even if he was mixed up with them, who cares? How is that something to be celebrated? I just don't get why gangsters are revered and admired. 

Oh yeah, I agree totally. 

I used to work with a guy who was obsessed with gangsters. Used to go to personal appearances and buy all the books etc. 

At the end of the day they're violent thugs who caused misery to probably hundreds of people. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I mean, he was only 64 therefore born in 1959.  H wouldn't have been 18 till 1977.

How could he possible have been mixed up with The Krays?

Did you read my post correctly? At no point did I say he was mixed up with the Kray's. However, he liked to brag about how close him and Reggie were in Maidstone, which is bollocks, and he never stopped reminding anyone who cared to listen, how he sorted Reggie's funeral and provided the security. 

He was a modern day Don Quixote who loved the sound of his own voice. It was partly down to that big mouth why they abolished the double jeopardy law. He went on one of those tabloid talk shows and confessed to a murder that he had previously been acquitted of. And Frankie Fraser called him out for being a rat, over him plantimg cocaine in the car of his pal's ex partner, and then phoning the old Bill so she would be tainted in a custody battle for her kids.

Like I said, he was a bully who used to go round to vulnerable people who owed money and threaten them with violence, he actually was part of some documentary where he actually glamourised  his hard knock life, thought he was the British version of John Gotti, but in reality, he was a laughing stock.

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Did you read my post correctly? At no point did I say he was mixed up with the Kray's. However, he liked to brag about how close him and Reggie were in Maidstone, which is bollocks, and he never stopped reminding anyone who cared to listen, how he sorted Reggie's funeral and provided the security. 

He was a modern day Don Quixote who loved the sound of his own voice. It was partly down to that big mouth why they abolished the double jeopardy law. He went on one of those tabloid talk shows and confessed to a murder that he had previously been acquitted of. And Frankie Fraser calledhim out for being a rat, over him plantimg cocaine in the car of his pal's ex partner, and then phoning the old Bill so she would be tainted in a custody battle for her kids.

Like I said, he was a bully who used to go round to vulnerable people who owed money and threaten them with violence, he actually was part of some documentary where he actually glamourised  his hard knock life, thought he was the British version of John Gotti, but in reality, he was a laughing stock.

I wasn't saying you had said them. I was agreeing it's impossible for him to have been. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh yeah, I agree totally. 

I used to work with a guy who was obsessed with gangsters. Used to go to personal appearances and buy all the books etc. 

At the end of the day they're violent thugs who caused misery to probably hundreds of people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Listening to the Radio today I've heard brand new songs from The Rolling Stones, Blur and U2. The Reynolds Girls must be turning in their music career graves. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Listening to the Radio today I've heard brand new songs from The Rolling Stones, Blur and U2. The Reynolds Girls must be turning in their music career graves. 

There is a new Beatles song out sometime  soon as well 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

There is a new Beatles song out sometime  soon as well 

Now and Then. It's been floating round for years and to be honest would be a scraping of the barrel. It sounds like a late career Lennon song, which it is, a late career Lennon song though is not a Beatles song. Still, be good to see if they can clean up the demo. 

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Now and Then. It's been floating round for years and to be honest would be a scraping of the barrel. It sounds like a late career Lennon song, which it is, a late career Lennon song though is not a Beatles song. Still, be good to see if they can clean up the demo. 

Cant Wait GIF by Adrian Salisbury

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I've heard the original demo , that Harrison described as **** rubbish 

There have been a few cleaned up AI version of it doing the rounds over the years , the last one was a decent effort but not really a Beatle song in that regard  ...

McCartney is saying the new version is all them and no AI  .. it will be interesting to hear from a curiosity pov but no more than that 

I think with the ABBA voyage success , i can kinda see where this is going though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I've heard the original demo , that Harrison described as **** rubbish 

There have been a few cleaned up AI version of it doing the rounds over the years , the last one was a decent effort but not really a Beatle song in that regard  ...

McCartney is saying the new version is all them and no AI  .. it will be interesting to hear from a curiosity pov but no more than that 

I think with the ABBA voyage success , i can kinda see where this is going though 

Good luck doing motion capture on George Harrison and John Lennon.

I've been to the ABBA Voyage thing and it's **** awesome. Helped in no small part that the arena is designed specifically for it. The sound is amazing, and I'm a sound nerd. The transition between projected stuff and real stuff is absolutely seamless. /nerdgasm.

41 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Good luck doing motion capture on George Harrison and John Lennon.

I've been to the ABBA Voyage thing and it's **** awesome. Helped in no small part that the arena is designed specifically for it. The sound is amazing, and I'm a sound nerd. The transition between projected stuff and real stuff is absolutely seamless. /nerdgasm.

ah ok .... I was under the impression the Abba motion cap was done by younger people and not Abba themselves , guess I was thinking they could do kinda hologram and substitute type things 

One person has died and four others are missing after two cargo ships collided off Germany's North Sea coast, German authorities say.

Two other crew members have been rescued, it added. Seven were on board in total.

The British-flagged Verity reportedly collided with the Bahamian Polesie at around 5:00 local time (3:00 GMT) on Tuesday morning.

The Verity is believed to have sunk, while the Polesie is buoyant.

****' harsh, man. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

ah ok .... I was under the impression the Abba motion cap was done by younger people and not Abba themselves , guess I was thinking they could do kinda hologram and substitute type things 

Sorry, wasn't trying to be snarky. If you watch footage of ABBA back in the day, then watch the Voyage show it's so good it's uncanny.

I do wonder how hard it would be to fake it for the Beakles? You'd have to have some amazing animators to get it right.

Â