General Chat

Stevo985

Pitched as the battle of the beaches, Barry vs Porthcawl in the cup today. 6:0 home win. 

Massive tactical error from their support all turning up with disposable coffee cups, like our stewards have never seen that before. Can’t imagine how much that cost them to have it all taken off them one by one as they got through the turnstiles. You don’t get searched, keep it in a pocket or a bag until you are properly in the ground. I mean bloody hell, just buy it in the bar in the ground. Just don’t all turn up shouting and jostling with Starbucks cups stinking of booze getting in to the ground. Genuine rookie error from the town with a shit beach.

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Predictions from a 1951 comic book:

Compress_20231015_172349_9551.jpg

I’m irrationally annoyed by it saying “the world you WILL live in” and then the very first sentence talking about something a few thousand years from now

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m irrationally annoyed by it saying “the world you WILL live in” and then the very first sentence talking about something a few thousand years from now

Apart from the spray-on clothes, it's all pretty much in place right now. And there are a few VTers who were around in 1951 (not me, not quite). 

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we can postpone the ice caps melting for a few thousand years, then I'm happy to ignore their wording.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Apart from the spray-on clothes, it's all pretty much in place right now. And there are a few VTers who were around in 1951 (not me, not quite). 

Oh I know. It’s very accurate. I was just being picky about the wording

13 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Anybody know what Will Smith’s wife/ex-wife is up to these days? I feel like we don’t hear enough about her or her private life.

She is such a private person and protects her husband so much, she never wants to see him humiliated.

• Haha 1

There was a time, 10-15 years ago, that they were threatening to make the Smith children legit actors/musicians, ones that we would have to endure. Trying to make them “a thing” as people say.

I consider it a triumph in recent human history that the world largely said “No, Mr Smith. You may have sufficient enough charm to maintain a career in these fields, your children do not.”

In fairness, I am really referring to Jaden in the main. Other than whipping her hair back and forth, I don’t know much about Willow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Anybody know what Will Smith’s wife/ex-wife is up to these days? I feel like we don’t hear enough about her or her private life.

"Jada Pinkett reveals she doesn't actually know who Will Smith is as they have never met"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 3

On 14/10/2023 at 09:41, Genie said:

I’d love to know the details of how it happened though. Was he being a dick? Did he refuse some safety equipment? 

That’s not to say he shouldn’t be looked after though following the crash. It’s just that he’s a bit of a nob with a history of crashing cars on TV.

On 14/10/2023 at 16:40, foreveryoung said:

Its because him and Paddy were not racing car drivers, an were let lose driving supercars flat out on race tracks. There's a huge difference in driving cars fast on a circuit with a few advanced lessons and being a racing driver, like Chris Harris (Co presenter) was. He has 35 years racing experience having won numerous competitions, a proper driver.

I've seen many Flintoff's on driving courses I've been on, they think they can drive, got the super chipped Focus ST as a daily. You then put them in something with 650 bhp+, an it's quite funny seeing them white as a ghost as it all goes wrong as they run out of talent. 😂

I have some ITK on this, apparently was just doing 22 mph and the car just flipped over. Professional driver in the back was just protected by the angle of the car. Safety assessment said helmets weren’t required.

Â