General Chat

Stevo985

Couple of books i want to read so if anyone could give me a heads up i would appreciate it.

Life - Kieth Richards

The Dirt - Motley Crue

The Heroin Diaries - Nikki Sixx

Have a Nice Day:A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks/The Hardcore Doaries - Both Mick Foley

Thanks. :)

Both of Mick Foley's books are great . I haven't watched wrestling since the mid 90's but some of the behind the scenes stories are brilliant. I'd also recommend Bret Hart's book as well.

I have the Bret Hart one but it is just on the shelf, what does he talk about?

Couple of books i want to read so if anyone could give me a heads up i would appreciate it.

Life - Kieth Richards

The Dirt - Motley Crue

Have a Nice Day:A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks/The Hardcore Doaries - Both Mick Foley

Both of Mick Foley's books are great .

Agreed. The first one is much better, imo, as it's a proper autobiography (and it is an autobiography too, he wrote it himself). Real insight into how it all works. Especially like the bits about the Hell in a Cell in 1998 and the death of Owen Hart. Eyeopeners.

Second one is more of an analysis into the credit of wrestling as a business, and defending it from criticism that it's too violent. Very interesting but not as entertaining as the first.

(That's more for wiggy's benefit, as you've clearly read them Brum)

Edit: Just realise Wiggy was talking about the Hardcore Diaries. I haven't actualy read that one.

I was talking about his second book, "Foley is Good"

Life - Kieth Richards

The Dirt - Motley Crue

Both of Mick Foley's books are great . I haven't watched wrestling since the mid 90's but some of the behind the scenes stories are brilliant. I'd also recommend Bret Hart's book as well.

I love the DDP - cookies story. As you say, so many of the stories in Have a Nice Day are brilliant! I think the best thing is that he doesn't use a ghost writer.

Have you ready any of Mick Foley's novels? Tietam Brown is worth a read.

Also Wiggy, why the change of heart about wrestling?

Weren't you slating it in the "Things that Piss you Off" thread a few days ago?

Or is the sudden interest and posting in the WWE thread a very subtle way of mocking any wrestling fans?

Life - Kieth Richards

The Dirt - Motley Crue

I have the Bret Hart one but it is just on the shelf, what does he talk about?

His childhood in the crazy Hart mansion, the dungeon, his career , behind the scenes stories, His best matches , his decline etc , but mostly how much he hates Vince McMahon.

Or is the sudden interest and posting in the WWE thread a very subtle way of mocking any wrestling fans?

No no mate, im not mocking at all (although i still dont get the grown adult interest in it, but hey-ho).

Its more in reference to how i enjoyed when i was a kid, sort of 1990-95 i was hooked big style on it, those clips that me an Nayson posted just bring back so many fond memories, like it was yesterday. Also the Foley thing fascinates me, i enjoy the 'real' side of it.

No no mate, im not mocking at all (although i still dont get the grown adult interest in it, but hey-ho).

Its more in reference to how i enjoyed when i was a kid, sort of 1990-95 i was hooked big style on it, those clips that me an Nayson posted just bring back so many fond memories, like it was yesterday. Also the Foley thing fascinates me, i enjoy the 'real' side of it.

Gotcha, and agree mostly.

Yes, read Foley's books, especially his first one. Fascinating stuff.

Most adult fans focus on the real side. So there you go, you have adult interest in it too :P

Plus from about 1997-2003, WWF/E was very violent and racy. Not for kids at all.

I hate my hair!!!!!!!!

That is all.

I had my hair cut and 'styled' yesterday so now it goes diagonally when there's no product in it. Which is just **** great as I have no interest in putting product in it just sitting around at home.

I'm getting mine chopped off Tomorrow. I've been trying to grow it for a while, but it's been in that shit-stage for ages.

Maybe I'll copy you! I hate having to do my hair, so much so that I put a hat on every morning so that when I get to work it's flattened and doesn't look too bad.

I think this is one of those things that is common knowledge but I have either been blissfully unaware of it or have completely forgotten it. Still, it's all over the internet now so I thought I would share it:

The first minute or so of The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe sounds remarkably like 'Creep' by Radiohead doesnt it? I must have heard both songs a thousand times in my life but I never made the connection. Apparently Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood who wrote the 1973 track have writing credits for Creep in the sleeve notes of Pablo Honey, my copy of Pablo Honey is at the bottom of a very big box of CDs in my attic so I'll be **** if I am fishing it out to check, but it's something I have learned today!

I'm getting mine chopped off Tomorrow. I've been trying to grow it for a while, but it's been in that shit-stage for ages.

Maybe I'll copy you! I hate having to do my hair, so much so that I put a hat on every morning so that when I get to work it's flattened and doesn't look too bad.

Lol, I do this too. The Mrs gives me some funny looks at times mind.

I own (broken) straighteners but I hate the idea of doing my hair everyday. That's what girls do!

I like chopping it all off so I can forget about it, but I dislike my ears.. I'm not Gareth Bale but they definatly stick out.

I think this is one of those things that is common knowledge but I have either been blissfully unaware of it or have completely forgotten it. Still, it's all over the internet now so I thought I would share it:

The first minute or so of The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe sounds remarkably like 'Creep' by Radiohead doesnt it? I must have heard both songs a thousand times in my life but I never made the connection. Apparently Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood who wrote the 1973 track have writing credits for Creep in the sleeve notes of Pablo Honey, my copy of Pablo Honey is at the bottom of a very big box of CDs in my attic so I'll be **** if I am fishing it out to check, but it's something I have learned today!

No, I didn't know about that either and I'm another one who has heard both songs countless times.

Â