General Chat

Stevo985

I was one of these people who couldnt be without a wristwatch. I wear one for work (its part of my uniform in fact) and I always wore one outside of work too, all the way from when I was about ten years old until some time last year. The battery died and I couldnt get to town to get a replacement for a few days and in that time I found my mobile phone made for an excellent pocket watch almost to the point where I dont want to wear a wristwatch any more. I think a lot of it is to do with the fact that I got a little bit bored with my "home" wristwatch because I have had it for 7-8 years and as it was digital I was thinking about getting a nice analogue one to replace it.

X0j5M.jpg

I do love this thing. It's a Rotary GS90021 apparently, but it's a thing of beauty. Cant justify £220 (or so) for one though. Maybe I'll treat myself one day, but as pointed out earlier, a mobile phone is an awesome pocketwatch.

I haven't worn a watch in years. But I'd get one if I had the spare cash at the moment to afford a nice one.

Yes it's more fashion than function these days, but I think a good watch looks good.

On this note, my parents bought me a horrendous watch for my 21st birthday. I couldn't tell them I thought it was shit, and I couldn't take it back, so I have to wear it to family occasions and things to pretend I like it. Annoying.

Difference between a bargain and cheapo, Wiggy! My car cost 900 although its market value still is around 1600, bargain or cheapo?

Difference between a bargain and cheapo, Wiggy! My car cost 900 although its market value still is around 1600, bargain or cheapo?

That would be a bargain, but your not talking about a £900 watch, your talking about £10. So if the RRP for the watch was say £30 and you paid £10, then yes you've had a bargain...but the watch is still cheap.

You know how blokes enjoy a good bit of lesbo action, do girls like a bit of homo action?
According to my researches, no. But OTOH, they all seemed to like Brokeback Mountain.

My future mother in law and her syndicate at work won 80,000 on the lottery.

each member will see 2,500. not bad for a bit of fun.

they got 5 numbers and the bonus, so it wasnt a jackpot unfortunately. Still jammy though, I'll have to ring her and tell her much Ive always loved her..

A lottery syndicate here at the university had a big win - worked out at £300,000 each. And shortly thereafter an individual won £600,000 (and she's still working here).

You know how blokes enjoy a good bit of lesbo action, do girls like a bit of homo action?
According to my researches, no. But OTOH, they all seemed to like Brokeback Mountain.

I did NOT like that movie. It was fairly boring. Also.....no, women usually do not enjoy the guy on guy thing.

A lottery syndicate here at the university had a big win - worked out at £300,000 each. And shortly thereafter an individual won £600,000 (and she's still working here).

Never heard of a "lottery syndicate," how does it work?

It's just a case of buying tickets as a big group. If anyone wins then the money is split between everyone.

REALLY? You live in Singapore and you don't know about betting syndicates??? :shock:

In this case, a group of people simply pool their stake and all choose a different number, and agree to share any winnings equally among the group. You increase your chances of a win but if YOUR number comes up you have to share the prize.

REALLY? You live in Singapore and you don't know about betting syndicates??? :shock:

In this case, a group of people simply pool their stake and all choose a different number, and agree to share any winnings equally among the group. You increase your chances of a win but if YOUR number comes up you have to share the prize.

Oh!

I always thought the betting syndicates they mentioned in the news referred to illegal gamblers. (I'm not even sure whether lottery syndicates are legal here)

Well, they probably are different things, I dunno really.

Anyway that's how lottery syndicates work.

I'm in one, with about 14 of us in it. We put in two pounds a week each, and pay back at Xmas - we end up with about £20 each, so we're all losers. And I hate gambling anyway. But it's an insurance policy - I don't want to risk being the only one left at work if the other **** win it.

Â