General Chat

Stevo985

Calling Kanye West the best Rapper is like calling Russell Watson the world's best opera singer.

He's not the best, certainly not ever. But he's certainly up there.

He's certainly better than a comparison to Carling

Edited by Stevo985

There are loads of better rappers out there than Kanye West.

There are indeed.

The problem is that for a lot of people he would be the first sample of Hip Hop/Rap and that's like your first exposure to alcohol being a tepid pint of Carling.

Awwww come on dude, that's just plain wrong. You're making out like he's some kind of shit, mainstream 'pop hop' act.

I absolutely get why people think he's an idiot, but musically? He's right up there.

I can't believe the hate he gets to be honest. He's made 6 superb albums back to back, taking massive risks in the process. He's never tried to make deliberately radio friendly albums, or just carried on churning out the same old shite.

Whether you like the music he makes or not, I think he deserves respect for the way he makes it. He's the hip hop version of Radiohead in that respect.

I thought he was good overall last night. A brilliant opening and a brilliant end, let down a bit by a stodgy middle segment and some bad DJ'ing at times.

• Like 1

So...what does Kanye actually do? He doesn't seem to play any instruments, the bits where he attempted to sing were hilariously bad, and he doesn't seem to write his own songs (at least, not without a load of contributing writers for every song..). Is he anything more than a face for the posters?

he gets the hate because hes an utter bellend

his music is ok, usually 2/3 good songs on each album but a lot of filler imo, im not sure if he does do half of the stuff on purpose, courts controversy to sell records, which i also hate, some of the time that i listen to him and his lyrics and think he is incredibly bitter and at times overtly racist, homophobic and incredibly ignorant (his opinion on aids for example) this "artist" stuff is utter bollocks

he'll end up one of the biggest selling hip hop artists of all time, up there with jay-z, and i dont rate either of them if im honest, both of them just know the business side of their trade 

There are loads of better rappers out there than Kanye West.

There are indeed.

The problem is that for a lot of people he would be the first sample of Hip Hop/Rap and that's like your first exposure to alcohol being a tepid pint of Carling.

Awwww come on dude, that's just plain wrong. You're making out like he's some kind of shit, mainstream 'pop hop' act.

I absolutely get why people think he's an idiot, but musically? He's right up there.

I can't believe the hate he gets to be honest. He's made 6 superb albums back to back, taking massive risks in the process. He's never tried to make deliberately radio friendly albums, or just carried on churning out the same old shite.

Whether you like the music he makes or not, I think he deserves respect for the way he makes it. He's the hip hop version of Radiohead in that respect.

I thought he was good overall last night. A brilliant opening and a brilliant end, let down a bit by a stodgy middle segment and some bad DJ'ing at times.

Couldn't have put it better, and your opinion of his set is exactly the same as mine.

The bit in the middle where he did more singing (which he can't do) and ballady stuff was a bit weak. Start and end was awesome.

His personality doesn't bother me at all, I wouldn't like to dislike someone just because they're confident, Bragging has always played a big part in rap.. A lot of rappers have a similar act, they just don't have as bigger stage as Kanye West to showcase it on.

This weekend has been knackering. Out all day yesterday for a friends birthday. I rarely drink much but we were drinking from 1pm until around 11.30. Then today was spent babysitting my girlfriend's 1-year-old niece. I'm drained.

Kanye is one of them celebs/artists where fame and money went to his head and totally changed him. U can see it all through his albums when he started of so humble and is a egotistical maniac.

Kanye is one of them celebs/artists where fame and money went to his head and totally changed him. U can see it all through his albums when he started of so humble and is a egotistical maniac.

What Stevo said.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is his Magnus Opus. It's an unbelievable record. A genuine 10/10 work of all killer no filler brilliance. It's one those genre-less albums that any music fan should listen to . His most critically acclaimed album, yet his worst performing commercially.

He could have just kept making albums full of old soul samples and summer beats, milking that cash cow would have been far bigger in sales than 808's, MBDTF and Yeezus.

Why is Kanye racist out of interest?

To me he seems bitter and angry at the established rich America holding back and depriving young Americans, which I don't think is anything new in rap, however he isn't shy in the slightest in saying that it's wealthy white man and a deprived black man

Off the top of my head there's a bit in all falls down about black society being ruined by possessions and then drugs which ends with "and the white man gets paid off of all of that"

Â