General Chat

Stevo985

Please tell me you are lying!
I've been ticking off my list of 'films you have to watch'. It was on that list and was one of the more disappointing ones to be honest. As opposed to the Great Escape which was also on the list but was very very good.

I managed to get my girlfriend to beg ME to watch the england game on saturday.

She wanted to go for a meal, i said the football was on so no, and she got upset, saying our social life was getting dictated by the football.

Now in reality I was pretty annoyed, but seeing as we're going on holiday on Thursday, and 2 england games will be on when we go, I thought if I gave her this one, i'd be able to use it in order to watch those games. So i said it was fine and booked us a table at a nice restaurant, at half 7, kick off time.

Anyway, she thought about it and ended up feeling really bad. I turned up ready to take her to the restaurant and she said we should watch the football instead. "No no no" I said. "I'd much rather spend the night with you than watch the football" 8)

She said she felt really bad about it, and dragged me (I let it seem like I was being dragged) to the pub to watch the England game. She then said she felt so bad and guilty that she's happy to watch all the world cup games I want.

Pointless story really, but I was very happy with the outcome :)

TBH I'd rather go out for dinner with a bit of clunge than watch England

Well i did. but instead of just going to dinner with a bit of clunge,

I ate dinner with a bit of clunge, watched the football with a bit of clunge, then had some special time with a bit of clunge. So a result all round really.

Just about Stevo :)

The key is to have a girl who doensn't know anything about football but is at least willing to accept you care and makes an effort to pretend they care :)

Oh, believe me, she knows **** all about football. Randomly I managed to teach her the offside rule, and she understands it nearly perfectly (she wanted to not be the stereotypical girl who doesn't understand the rule)

but during the game she asked if the guys in orange boots were on the same team as the goalie because he was wearing an orange top.

She also asked why there were 3 goalies on the pitch. One was the ref.

To be honest I don't mind the girl not knowing anything about football. I like that it's my thing, she tries to show an interest but ultimately fails.

She wouldn't expect me to know anything about make up or sex in the city so it's all good.

Just about Stevo :)

The key is to have a girl who doensn't know anything about football but is at least willing to accept you care and makes an effort to pretend they care :)

Oh, believe me, she knows **** all about football. Randomly I managed to teach her the offside rule, and she understands it nearly perfectly (she wanted to not be the stereotypical girl who doesn't understand the rule)

but during the game she asked if the guys in orange boots were on the same team as the goalie because he was wearing an orange top.

She also asked why there were 3 goalies on the pitch. One was the ref.

Brilliant. :lol:

To be fair, I wouldn't mind. As you say, I wouldn't expect or care too much if they didn't know anything as long as they accepted that we do care :)

Please tell me you are lying!
I've been ticking off my list of 'films you have to watch'. It was on that list and was one of the more disappointing ones to be honest. As opposed to the Great Escape which was also on the list but was very very good.
Have to agree with BOF here.

These films are all from "my" era, and I have a great nostalgic affection for them. But, having watched "The Italian Job" again recently, I must concede it hasn't aged well at all. It IS much better than the pointless remake, but that's all you can say.

"The Great Escape" on the other hand, is STILL the dog's bollocks. :thumb:

Can't find this on any of the VT threads, but I had a really nice Villa Thank You card today off Randy Lerner & Paul Faulkner - thanking me for my support last season.

I'm presuming others will have had one also? What a nice gesture!

Check out the opening line of this story from BBC News

Puppy thrown at German biker gang

A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.

The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog, escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site.

He was arrested later at home by police. The 26-year-old is said to have stopped taking depression medication.

After making his getaway on the bulldozer, he had driven so slowly that a 5km tailback built up behind him on the motorway.

After driving about 1km, he had abandoned the bulldozer in the middle of the motorway, near Allershausen. He continued his journey by hitchhiking.

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," a police spokesman said.

The puppy is now being cared for in an animal shelter.

link

She tried to key my car after an argument, which started after she nearly ran me over whilst trying to park and talking on her mobile at the same time.....yes a retard.
Good effort. Let's hope you don't get a knock at the door from the boys in blue in the next few days.

She tried to key my car after an argument, which started after she nearly ran me over whilst trying to park and talking on her mobile at the same time.....yes a retard.

Allo.......allo....

Jonesy aggro, Jonesy aggro

:notworthy:

Â