General Chat

Stevo985

That stuff actually scared shoenice...Only until he tried it then he found he actually enjoyed it

Ingram, if you make a video, try and be less annoying than this guy.

Oh the dude is annoying but have you seen the freak drink? He necks full bottles of spirits in 5 seconds, I'm pretty sure it would kill most people

A boring question: does anyone know if there are any rules as to who can take minutes in a disciplinary meeting? I always assumed it had to be someone independent, but I had one the other day where my manager took the meeting, and had my supervisor taking notes.

It's all about a petty time-keeping issue. We do four 8 hour shifts and one 7 hour one in a week, and I decided to take my 7 hour one on Easter Monday but my manager, who wasn't in, says he didn't authorise it. I did however tell my supervisor that I intended to go. It doesn't seem right that someone who I might have wanted to call upon as a witness was being used to take notes (not to mention that she is dyslexic, I mean it's an unfortunate thing to suffer from but surely there are more suitable candidates from HR).

Just have someone accompany you and have them take notes too. That way you can ask that the minutes are agreed between both parties.

My memory of Alton Towers was getting on more rides in the last hour before it closed than we had all day up to that point.

That was a looooong time ago though.

There's a website that gives you live queue times and I checked on Saturday just gone and it actually looked fine. Think the longest one was 45 minutes but most were 5 or 10.

If it's the same this week then it shouldn't be a problem

I've been away for a while and am catching up. I have the following observations.

1) Tony and Limpid arguing is like watching my parents argue.

2) Stevo's lesbian sister is going to look like Stevo with a wig and I expect that even for the perverts on here that would be a bridge too far.

3) FB, Twitter and Timehop are great. Leave them all alone.

• Like 1

There's a website that gives you live queue times and I checked on Saturday just gone and it actually looked fine. Think the longest one was 45 minutes but most were 5 or 10.

Probably more for the TTPYOTS Thread but any theme park system that permits queue jumping in exchange for money can just **** right off. In my forthcoming Police State EVERYONE queues in the same line. (exceptions are made for the disabled and members of my immidiate family and/or other authorised Party members)

So I've just spent £15 on a tin of surstromming. I've bought it for one reason only.

SJsDhhQ.gif

Shall I put the video on VT?

Yes, and make sure to take a deep breath through the nose as the can is opened....

I only heard about this recently. A girl in my regular pub was Finnish and was describing their version of the same thing (I think it's much the same). She said she eats it out of tradition at Christmas, but thinks it's absolutely disgusting.

Coupled with the following lines from wikipedia:

"According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world"

...and I think I'll stick to my Thai Green Curry tonight thank you very much

edit - I have since looked up and found that the Icelandics eat rotten shark. Come on man, have a steak or something...

Edited by islingtonclaret

I've been away for a while and am catching up. I have the following observations.

1) Tony and Limpid arguing is like watching my parents argue.

2) Stevo's lesbian sister is going to look like Stevo with a wig and I expect that even for the perverts on here that would be a bridge too far.

3) FB, Twitter and Timehop are great. Leave them all alone.

1) we weren't arguing ... now go to your room

2)  I suspect the Game of Thrones mob still would as it's the closest they will have been to a  real woman

3) apart from twitter I agree

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Probably more for the TTPYOTS Thread but any theme park system that permits queue jumping in exchange for money can just **** right off. In my forthcoming Police State EVERYONE queues in the same line. (exceptions are made for the disabled and members of my immidiate family and/or other authorised Party members)

just double check before you call them  "inconsiderate arseholes" :D

• Like 2

Don't really want to start a topic for this, so I'll put it here...

So yeah, I need a hand from VT for my dissertation research. It's a survey (it'll take two minutes tops) for the non-NFL fans amongst you about your opinion on American Football, the NFL and a potential London franchise.

It'll be greatly appreciated if you could spare a couple of minutes to do this and help me out!

Cheers, Ryan

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GP7XTDP

So yeah, I need a hand from VT for my dissertation research. It's a survey (it'll take two minutes tops) for the non-NFL fans amongst you about your opinion on American Football, the NFL and a potential London franchise.

It'll be greatly appreciated if you could spare a couple of minutes to do this and help me out!

Cheers, Ryan

so Seahawks fans can take part then  :D

• Like 2

Why only non-NFL fans, if you don't mind my asking? I assume because you think you already will know their answers? Like they'll be pro a London franchise?

Is NFL Europe making a return?

Edited by Ginko

Cheers, Ryan

Done. Not sure how useful it'll be though, as I'm not a great lover of Grid Iron.

Why only non-NFL fans, if you don't mind my asking? I assume because you think you already will know their answers? Like they'll be pro a London franchise?

Is NFL Europe making a return?

I've already done a survey for the NFL fans. My dissertation is on the viability of a London franchise, with the research element on how they will attract new fans of the sport and franchise. NFL Europe is finished, London franchise is more likely, but it's a while away.

as I'm not a great lover of Grid Iron.

That's the type of person I need! Cheers for filling it out!

Edited by Milfner

I like American Football, I watch the Superbowl every year, and I know a few of the QB's and I know most of the rules.

Am I the person you want to take this survey, or is that too much knowledge?

Nah, that's about right, you're fine to do it. Should probably edit it to say non-NFL fans and passive fans then.

Cheers btw!

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

Â