General Chat

Stevo985

Think my mate has turned into a right alcho. He text me at 10am this morning asking if I was drinking. First of all I never drink during weekdays, and he knows that.

I can only presume his girlfriend has kicked him out of the house. I can't stand that hedious bitch. She's enough to turn anyone to drink.

I can only presume his girlfriend has kicked him out of the house. I can't stand that hedious bitch. She's enough to turn anyone to drink.

I hope he had the decency to thank her.

I still can't take business studies seriously since a lot of my mates got full marks in some aspects of it at A Level.
Same here mate, to think an institution could accept someone who got an A in Business Studies above someone who got a B in Maths or Physics is beyond me
Would they though?

My offer from Birmingham Uni was ABB, I got BBC and put getting in down to them being in Computing, Maths and Physics rather than mickey mouse courses, especially as I knew other people that were only one grade below their offer and got refused when they did piss easy A levels.

Well that's good to hear. It's just I've seen quite a few people get into places taking awfully soft subjects and people not get in to places, not because they were less intelligent than said people or did less work, but because they took harder subjects. I guess it evens itself out.

Unfortunately my degree is officially named Political Studies, making that seemingly worthless... Although it's exactly the same as every other politics course offered at Aber, as they all use the same set of modules, only differences are in the core modules required (which again, are part of the same module list).

Worryingly I feel hopelessly fed up at the moment. I just don't want to do anything. Partly thats caused by a medical thing popping up recently with a vengeance, but there does also seem to be a part of me that doesn't want to go out drinking and doesn't really want to do anything, even heading over onto campus at the moment I find exceedingly difficult. Not a good state of affairs when I've only got 6 weeks of uni left.

Unfortunately my degree is officially named Political Studies, making that seemingly worthless... Although it's exactly the same as every other politics course offered at Aber, as they all use the same set of modules, only differences are in the core modules required (which again, are part of the same module list).

Worryingly I feel hopelessly fed up at the moment. I just don't want to do anything. Partly thats caused by a medical thing popping up recently with a vengeance, but there does also seem to be a part of me that doesn't want to go out drinking and doesn't really want to do anything, even heading over onto campus at the moment I find exceedingly difficult. Not a good state of affairs when I've only got 6 weeks of uni left.

I found the last 6 weeks difficult too. Keep going! 6 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

You'll feel even more fed up if you don't put in a reasonable effort.

Oh I didn't mean that in an arsey way Bicks.

Just commenting on the perception of having 'Studies' shoved on the end of seemingly anything. People do seem to think, for instance, people in my department doing a degree in International Relations, have a more worthy degree more than mine, Political Studies. The reality of the matter is they're exactly the same, I was sat in lecture theatres my entire time in university with people doing International Relations/ I.R. and ______, Intelligence Studies, whatever. Same module list, same everything. They just had more specific core modules (which if I wanted to I could pick anyway). It's an annoyin stereotype that is probably true below Higher Education, but afterwards they mickey mouse courses get more complex to spot ;).

Chindie, he was talking specifically about school subjects not Higher Education subjects

There is loads of those bog classes in many comprehensives. At my school we had some life studies class at GCSE to take.

It was actually Social And Environmental Studies. Complete waste of time. Although easy A at GCSE. :D

I found the last 6 weeks difficult too. Keep going! 6 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

You'll feel even more fed up if you don't put in a reasonable effort.

Well thats the thing really. This 6 weeks I don't really have to do anything. I've got 2 combined lecture-seminars to go to and 3 logs to write from those, each about 300 words, and 2 exams. And that's it. Work isn't a problem, theres not much to put an effort into.

It's just I don't feel like doing anything. I should be making the most of the final few weeks, going out and whatnot and I don't want to, I don't feel like it. Don't even really want to leave the house. I'm already dreading the lec/sem tomorrow, thinking about sacking it off as I know I can find all I need to from it quickly online or from Blackboard.

I wouldn't worry too much Chindie - it sounds like you're ready for a change in your life. And leaving uni is a huge change. It's when you can start to actually get on with your life. All good.

Word going about here, but nothing confirmed yet by media sources that two bombs have went off in the police station here.

I thought I heard a blast not too long ago, but thought nothing of it until I received a text. Few helicopters going about, and they only come out round here when something serious has happened, last time this many were out was when the police officer was shot here last year

Word going about here, but nothing confirmed yet by media sources that two bombs have went off in the police station here.

I thought I heard a blast not too long ago, but thought nothing of it until I received a text. Few helicopters going about, and they only come out round here when something serious has happened, last time this many were out was when the police officer was shot here last year

where is here?

where is here?

His location is Lurgan, Ireland.

Look at the details to the left of his post fella. :lol:

Â