General Chat

Stevo985

Just finished his story. He needs help, pronto. Yes he has been a dick, but I fear for his state of mind. Once again, gambling destroys a life.

What the hell is Pai Gow? I want to go to a seedy Chinatown gambling den and smoke opium while playing high-stakes Pai Gow. 

• Like 1

Been on a course all day at a hotel. Never been on one like this before. Free lunch which was delicious and a shorter day.

I'm an adult what is this shit

We were sent to some Hilton hotel in London once for the most pointless course imaginable. We basically had to roleplay a basic version of our own jobs rather than actually just going to work and doing our jobs. Nothing was learnt that day.

Anyone know anything about cholesterol? Does it take long to drop? Basically was doing exams and seriously pigging out (as in seriously take away every day sometimes maybe even twice) had a throat infection so had to go to doc and he took bloods. Been doing a lot of walking on beach since and joined a gym sat and have been last 3 days have changed my diet too dropped about 7lbs since last Thursday. Another 20 would be loads but aiming for 30. Got a letter from doctor this morning saying my cholesterol was 6.3 and basically 5.0 was very bad.

5.0mmol/L is the average for an otherwise healthy adult male. 5.1 for a female. This is almost certainly the number your GP is talking about. Your mmol/L for LDL should be 3.0 or less. If this is 5.0 you have some work to do. This figure is used to asses your likelihood of CV disease in the next ten years. I'm pretty sure that GPs are not suppose to advise this by letter, so book an appointment and speak to them.

Pro tip: don't ask for serious medical advice on VT. You know everything is AIDS and don't need to ask.

You are very unlikely to have built up you cholesterol as a result of short term diet changes. It is almost always a symptom of your long term diet. You will not affect it much by exercising, you need to fix your diet. Cut the trans fats and reduce the saturated fats.

Don't change your diet without discussing it with your GP first. Don't attempt to lose weight without talking to your GP first.

• Like 3

Has anyone saw 'The who' live over the last couple of years, well what's left of them. Thinking of getting tickets for one of their shows in december as its the final tour. All depends how costly tickets will be though.

Â