General Chat

Stevo985

Don't have a clue mate, this is in Dublin. Should be close to the 31st I would imagine..

Apparently they won't be doing English gigs other than those festivals, which is why they're doing Ireland and Scotland gigs.

I aspire to get out of the country and move somewhere nicer before i get sucked into the system.

how does anyone actually do this without getting sucked into anothers countrys system.

A friend of mine moved to Spain, now has the choice of working 12 hour days in a shop or resturant, gets one day off a week but hardly works in the winter. Guess what, its not sunny then. Dont get it.

Watching BBC 1 at the moment and getting really pissed off at the stupidity of the parents who feed their kids shit and then wonder why they are fat heffers and having to have their teeth pulled out at the age of 5 or 6.
Well they are Bin Dippers!!

I wonder how many people who (sucessfully) work at making their fortune in order to retire early, actually do?

They often seem to become workaholics who forget how to chill out. Whereas dreaming of early retirement probably indicates a lazy mentality - which itself reduces the likelihood of actually of putting in the hours to achieve it.

Personally, I'm firmly in the "work to live, not live to work" (aka "bone idle") category.

A hedge fund manager acquaintance of mine once said, "If you're the sort that will retire just because you've made $20m, you'll probably never make $20m."

These people are scum, the utter scum of the earth.

Agreed, I feel really sorry for the kids. Could be solved quite easily though I suppose, for A&E visits for kids under 16 that get pissed the parents should be charged the full cost of the care their children receive. As they are bin dippers then take it out the benefits. Some will say that will harm the kids more but I doubt it, take the bingo and sun tan shop money away from them slags on the TV and they will make 100 % sure the kids don't drink.

Felt a bit ashamed to be honest watching it with my Dutch mrs, that kind of stuff is VERY rare in Holland and it makes us look like the monkey race left on a island that Europeans think we are.

Not by a long shot.

My dad worked as a carpenter and joiner for Birmingham City Council Housing Dept his entire life until retiring early after illness, and was born in Nechells. And my moms a school cleaner born in Lichfield. Definitely working class.

Not a massive household income.

Much like me, then. It never occurred to me that I was likely to "become" middle class, but I guess I did.

I wonder how many people who (successfully) work at making their fortune in order to retire early, actually do?

They often seem to become workaholics who forget how to chill out. Whereas dreaming of early retirement probably indicates a lazy mentality - which itself reduces the likelihood of actually of putting in the hours to achieve it.

Personally, I'm firmly in the "work to live, not live to work" (aka "bone idle") category.

some of the De Zoete Wedd guys i supported were rumoured to have made millions ..one of the old boys (must have been close on 60) when they finally booted him , rumoured to be worth around £60m cried like a baby and still kept turning up for work for about 2 weeks after the bank fired him ..was quite sad really but that was all he knew

I'm like MJ in that i work to live ... and have fun , I doubt i will die rich but boy will i have died happy (my gravestone will read sorry kids Daddy squandered it all )

What happens if a massive atheist manages to fall in love a religious person and they get married and the religious side of the relationship wants the full shebang, bloke in a dress, presence of the big imaginary friend, the lot?

Does the atheist go along with it all the whilse stood there thinking 'Bullshit, bullshit... argh I'm such a hypocrite'. Or just go along with it without a care?

Or does it become a bigger issue than that?

Â