General Chat

Stevo985

House a couple of doors down was burgled last night. That means the Christmas presents, the car keys & a fairly significant kitchen knife are all staying in my bedroom til Christmas is over. These things tend to happen in a pattern.

Same happened on my street last week. I've been burgled before, and I hate leaving my place longer than a day or two. 

I've got one of them fandangly monitored alarms and the thinking is that burglars would rather go for a non-monitored premises (it's obvious from the front box that my gaf is monitored). I'm not making any assumptions though.

It's a deterrant if the unthinkable happens. You wave it around and act like you are going to use it, even though you know inside your own mind that you won't.

Anyway 7 days until Xmas and all my shopping done. Feeling very smug. Roll on the 25th.

Edited by Voinjama

That would depend entirely on the circumstances. If I awoke to hear someone coming up the stairs, you can be sure 'self defence' would involve a human pin cushion.

You'd have to come up with a reasonable explanation for having the knife in the bedroom though.

SOP for the cops in that situation would be to arrest you, and investigate you a bit. That would involve your web history, which would lead them... Here...

• Like 1

That would depend entirely on the circumstances. If I awoke to hear someone coming up the stairs, you can be sure 'self defence' would involve a human pin cushion.

Yeah nothing could possibly go wrong there ... Just check where you girlfriend is before you go all Oscar on the intruder :)

• Like 2

You'd have to come up with a reasonable explanation for having the knife in the bedroom though.

SOP for the cops in that situation would be to arrest you, and investigate you a bit. That would involve your web history, which would lead them... Here...

Well let's hope that off the back of said burglary, that local piggy is keeping a closer eye on the area then :-)

Well let's hope that off the back of said burglary, that local piggy is keeping a closer eye on the area then :-)

In navan ??good luck with that

Make a load of dummy presents and put a mine underneath them.  That way you won't even have to get out of bed.

• Like 1

We save about £50 a month between the family for my daughter, so she will have more than enough to put down a deposit on her own house. We won't be telling her until she's 21, so it will make a nice 21st birthday present :)

Fool. She will spend it on drugs, vodka and hideous shoes. 

• Like 1

House a couple of doors down was burgled last night. That means the Christmas presents, the car keys & a fairly significant kitchen knife are all staying in my bedroom til Christmas is over. These things tend to happen in a pattern.

Same happened on my street last week. I've been burgled before, and I hate leaving my place longer than a day or two. 

Props for not using "burglarized".   :thumb:

• Like 1

We save about £50 a month between the family for my daughter, so she will have more than enough to put down a deposit on her own house. We won't be telling her until she's 21, so it will make a nice 21st birthday present :)

Fool. She will spend it on drugs, vodka and hideous shoes.

She will only get it off me if it's for a genuine house deposit and if I think she is ready for it :P

Â