General Chat

Stevo985

Excel Question:

Is there a way to link text to the colour of the bar in the chart it will create?

i.e. If I have the word Green or Red in a cell next to some data for a graph, is it possible that the chart references the cell text to colour the bars individually?

For a graph? I don't think so. Though Anthony may know something (many things) that I don't.

You could easily use conditional formatting to do whatever you wanted with an actual cell, but I don't think it can be applied to graphs.

Yeah what Shillz said. Conditional formatting works for cells but I don't think it translates to graphs.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was possible though.

My rule of thumb for excel is "if you're asking whether it can do something, it probably can"

Excel Question:

Is there a way to link text to the colour of the bar in the chart it will create?

i.e. If I have the word Green or Red in a cell next to some data for a graph, is it possible that the chart references the cell text to colour the bars individually?

You might get a better response in the Tech room.

Excel Question:

Is there a way of converting the text of a cell in to the RGB colour as I'd guess that's what you'd need in order to code the interior colour of the series (i.e. the bar) as the same colour as the text (e.g. gree, blue)?

p.s. Simon's probably right. :)

Edited by snowychap

SNOWBOARDING

British snowboarder Jenny Jones finishes second in the women's world cup slopestyle at the New Zealand winter games.

American Jamie Anderson produced a flawless performance to win gold, while Cheryl Maas of the Netherlands took the bronze medal.

Anderson scored 94.75 points on her first run and clinched the gold medal when none of her closest competitors could match her score on the second run.

Would this be our very own Baselayers?

Congratulations to her if it is.

• Like 2

SNOWBOARDING

British snowboarder Jenny Jones finishes second in the women's world cup slopestyle at the New Zealand winter games.

American Jamie Anderson produced a flawless performance to win gold, while Cheryl Maas of the Netherlands took the bronze medal.

Anderson scored 94.75 points on her first run and clinched the gold medal when none of her closest competitors could match her score on the second run.

Would this be our very own Baselayers?

Congratulations to her if it is.

If shes not first ....shes last

Â