PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on tight, this ones going to be a rollercoaster ride.

We've decided to upset West Hams passing rhythm by going at them like demented madmen if would appear.

4-2-4 and we've also managed to force in our most attacking right back in replacement of our least attacking right back.

I'm not sure if it's the right tactic or not, but it looks like it'll be fun finding out.

Villa to win 5-3.

big gamble that, having gabby or heskey infront of beye. beye is very poor positionally, so whoever plays RM is gonna have to track back well

im worried that we could get overun through the middle with a half fit stan, the ghost that is sidwell and 2 players who arent that good defensively on the wings, especially as i think west ham have players suited to playing through the middle.

we are going to have to find our shooting boots tonight i think and hope we can get more than them

I'm dead upset L.Young isn't playing he is much better than Beye and think he will find it hard to get in the team without another chance like today.

Hmmm not the line up I would have gone for but then again I knew my line up would never be played. I like the fact we have 3 strikers on the pitch hopefully to give us some goals!

Uh Oh..two big men upfront.

Lump it!

Gabs on the right however should be interesting, i distinctly remember him whacking some decent crosses so far this season so maybe it'll pay off.

Ahhhh. Maybe MON's thinking is that Young and Gabs delivery hasn't been the best so far, so two big blokes instead of one gives us a better chance of scoring!

However with Heskey there its pretty much still only Carew :P

Gabby is the in form striker so i would have liked to have seen him stay upfront but then having him on the right might be more effective than him upfront and NRC or Albrighton out there.

Strange one with beye i can only assume young isn't fit or ready yet, but then why is he on the bench?

And I can't believe we aren't playing 5 in the middle, they'll just walk through Petrov and the invisible man.

Reading the west ham forums they seem to think noble has been poor for some time and teams have been killing their midfield using width which may be why gabby has been put out wide. I don't think we should be so quick to write off our midfield.

I'm not sure Gabby will be on the right. I think Heskey will do a stint there at some point.

It'd be a brave manager who sends his fullbacks forward against our line up.

It's an interesting proposal; West Ham are good in midfield and we're telling them that the game won't be played there.

I was looking forward to watching this game.. now I'm gonna be watching long ball tactics as Heskey flicks it out for a goal kick. Delph and Reo Coker on the bench in a squad that loves playing 4-5-1, especially away from home... but instead we choose Heskey and push our biggest counter attacking threat out to the right wing... I think I might just cheer on Lyon instead and fear the worst for us.

I was looking forward to watching this game.. now I'm gonna be watching long ball tactics as Heskey flicks it out for a goal kick. Delph and Reo Coker on the bench in a squad that loves playing 4-5-1, especially away from home... but instead we choose Heskey and push our biggest counter attacking threat out to the right wing... I think I might just cheer on Lyon instead and fear the worst for us.

feel exactly the same mate

Well enjoy the Lyon game you two.

These two posts perfectly illustrate the ridiculous fickleness of some of our fans. "I don't agree with the team selection so I'll not be watching."

C'mon Villa!!!

I don't believe Heskey is playing. That is the only thing that upsets me....look MON has done it again, everytime i think of H- H- Heskey a tear rolls down my cheek and my gf is forever saying "i told you ya shouldn't of brought that heffa hump" (cry) there goes another tear....PLOP..

These two posts perfectly illustrate the ridiculous fickleness of some of our fans. "I don't agree with the team selection so I'll not be watching."

C'mon Villa!!!

Yes come on everyone. Mind what you say.

Would our reaction be different if MON plays a system that works? Yes it would. Some people are tired of the same system failing every week.