PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

Have won the games we should be losing, lost the games we should be winning and drawn the rest so far this season.

That doesn't bode well for tonight.

a draw then?

Looking at where West Ham are in the league and looking at what we want to be achieving this season, we really should be winning this game.

I hope we do. For some reason I have an irrational hatred of West Ham. Perhaps that's a bit strong, actually.

Draw is better than a loss though.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Cole even starts for them after the shite season he had with us shows their lack of quality.

I have seen a couple of people saying similar things in the last while. Carlton cole was at Villa 5 (yes, five) years ago. Anyone who has any interest in football and has watched him in the last 2 years knows how good he has become since then. He's their biggest threat, however, I think he's the type of player our defence can handle.

I also think Petrov will be fit as there is an article about him on the OS. Yes, that is an indicator!

We've had our chance before and bottled it more times than not!

I'm not saying we will do that here, but the past experience doesn't bode well.

I'm sad to say I agree, recent history of us being in such positions suggests we would bottle it.

We are I hope made of stronger stuff now certainly defensively but I do think West Ham are a better side than their position suggests and we are though results wise on good form not playing well.

Several people have posted with Delph and Albrighton together in the starting team. Never going to happen.

I do enjoy the talk of Albrighton, but have we been given any indication recently that O'Neill will start him in a game? No

There is more chance of Gabby/Heskey starting out wide tonight than Albrighton starting.

Friedel

L.Young

Warnock

Collins

Dunne

Sidwell

Reo-Coker

Delph

Albrighton

A.Young

Gabby

Do it!

I would love to see that team tonight.

Yeh that'd be my team aswell, although i think the chances are pretty remote!

We'll probably end up with Reo Coker on the right in a 4-4-2 with Heskey/Carew upfront with Agbonlahor

My team would be that mentioned previously of

................Friedel

Young Dunne© Collins Warnock

.......NRC Delph Sidwell

Albrighton Gabby A.Young

this could be really successful for us away from home.

Wouldn't mind too much seeing Young in the free role that he had in the 07/08 season, with Carew in the side and that ^ midfield three. MON won't play albrighton i'm sure so this is a more likely option. As long as Delph and NRC are in the side I think the flair/grit combo will work for us, and in the games they have played this season they are the 2 centre mids that I have been most impressed with this season yet strangely they find themselves on the bench.

Im not getting my hopes up too much though as with MON choosing the team I wouldnt be surprised if it was

.............Friedel

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

Gabby Petrov Sidwell Young

..........Carew Heskey

I think annoyingly Stan will play if he is 50% plus fit. And that isn't an Anti Stan post, I think he's a good player, but it's an anti 'let's bum Stan and play him in a system that doesn't suit him and the team for 90mins every game'. So I think it could be a breath of fresh air for the team if MON is forced not to play Stan tonight. If he is fit however, I wouldn't be adverse to a midfield 3 of him, NRC and Delph with Young in a free role.

I'm actually delighted he got sent off in a strange way as it has opened the door to Young, Ceullar wasn't playing bad enough to justify dropping him but I think we will be a better side with Young in his place.

...and MON struggling with squad rotation probably thinks the same.

I'm actually delighted he got sent off in a strange way as it has opened the door to Young, Ceullar wasn't playing bad enough to justify dropping him but I think we will be a better side with Young in his place.

Haven't you been critical of him previously though for dropping players doing okay in favour of players returning from injury etc?

I seem to recall you saying he was wrong to drop Shorey for Warnock ahead of the Birmingham game.

Haven't you been critical of him previously though for dropping players doing okay in favour of players returning from injury etc?

I seem to recall you saying he was wrong to drop Shorey for Warnock ahead of the Birmingham game.

Yeah but then plays them and plays them and plays them, only roating when he absolutely has to, injury, suspention etc..

If for example Shorey comes in for Warnock tonight and does well, he'll still be dropped when Warnock is fit.

Why should Shorey even bother?

If players have a little more of a chance and understanding of MON's workings they might perform, knowing they wont have to wait until an injury to get a chance.

Yeah but then plays them and plays them and plays them, only roating when he absolutely has to, injury, suspention etc..

If for example Shorey comes in for Warnock tonight and does well, he'll still be dropped when Warnock is fit.

Why should Shorey even bother?

If players have a little more of a chance and understanding of MON's workings they might perform, knowing they wont have to wait until an injury to get a chance.

So O'Neill is;

wrong when he drops Shorey for a better player in Warnock.

and

wrong when he doesn't drop Ceullar for a better player in Luke Young.

It seems to me you just like having a pop at the manager because you are clearly contridicting yourself here.