Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell lads. No wonder Glaston loves it here, you're obsessed about Spurs!

I'm sure candleface will enjoy his view of the final.

Unless his forehead sags over his face, then he'll have no view at all.

Bloody hell lads. No wonder Glaston loves it here, you're obsessed about Spurs!I'm sure candleface will enjoy his view of the final.

I have to agree with this, why is there so much interest in Spurs on this forum by certain posters.

I'm not sure we're obsessed..

This is a thread about Spurs. We're meant to talk about Spurs in it, and it's not as long as the Everton one. Are we obsessed with Everton too then?

I think we just have alot of people who like to talk about general football - and Spurs provide plenty to talk about, whether it's positive or negative.

I'm not sure we're obsessed..

This is a thread about Spurs. We're meant to talk about Spurs in it, and it's not as long as the Everton one. Are we obsessed with Everton too then?

I think we just have alot of people who like to talk about general football - and Spurs provide plenty to talk about, whether it's positive or negative.

There isn't alot of constructive or in-depth football talk going on here really, is there? I hate Spurs and Redknapp as much as the next bloke (probably more actually), but to me it's gone way beyond being just a football thread.

I don't have a huge issue with it really, to be honest. Just making an observation.

Good luck tomorrow.

Btw, stop trying to kid yourselves that Galston is the main the problem in this thread. I'm not defending him simply due to Spurs fans bias. There are a number of posters in this thread that have a hatred of Spurs and Redknapp and it does seem to be close to obsessive. Glaston isn't any different to thousands of posters on football forums, in that he gets carried away with the merits of his team. There are numerous examples of Villa fans doing the same on this very forum. He's not deliberately offensive and tries to keep things civil. But some of you seem to want to convince yourselves that he is a wum and this gives you an excuse to continually abuse him.

Good luck tomorrow.

Cheers, mate!

Btw, stop trying to kid yourselves that Galston is the main the problem in this thread. I'm not defending him simply due to Spurs fans bias.

I know neither are true, don't worry about it! This is not acceptable Spurs PR country and we are, by and large, not Spurs haterz...

There are a number of posters in this thread that have a hatred of Spurs and Redknapp and it does seem to be close to obsessive.

I don't know; if you consider Redknapp's history with Villa over the last few seasons, and a post I made about 20-odd pages back, there are definitely reasons, alright. Wind-ups from that specific opposing teams' fans are only going to exacerbate those feelings...

Glaston isn't any different to thousands of posters on football forums, in that he gets carried away with the merits of his team.

I disagree. Glaston only came here to shout the merits of being a spuds fan, and on an opposing team's forum, it stands a great chance of being taken as offensive. His posts, when reviewed, mainly consist of "Spuds X player is better than Villa X player", or "Spuds are better than Villa", which is why he never come here after Spuds recent result is lesser than the Villa's result, or if Villa are doing well and Spuds are not.

I do actually have time for him, but his posting style is often dangerously anal.

There are numerous examples of Villa fans doing the same on this very forum.

Really? It is a Villa forum and we are Villa supporters/fans.

If we did that on COYS we would be instantly banned - if we even got an account on the in the first place...

He's not deliberately offensive and tries to keep things civil.

He posts like Daniel Levy's personal PR monkey. No, he's not usually offensive, but we are not susceptible to conversion to supporting another team, when most, if not all of us, have supported The Villa all our lives.

As for 'keeping things civil', please elaborate on where GS's abrupt policy of typing 'NR' fulfils that criteria...

But some of you seem to want to convince yourselves that he is a wind-up merchant and this gives you an excuse to continually abuse him.

If he accepts that we are supporters of Aston Villa, we have no problem with him. This is a Villa forum.

If we 'don't give a flying ****' about Spuds, it's our prerogative, and if we have a problem with the manager, for good reason, it is also our prerogative.

This is not a Spuds forum, we don't have to fellate Spuds, Redknapp, Levy or any other associate of the club you clearly support with pride.

So, it's good to have you here, and please feel free to continue here.

But remember we are Villa supporters here, not spuds...

Thanks for your kind words Joey.

Glaston however is a frigging deginerate that soils the semi decent name of your club. Just type glaston into google and a world of absolute hilarity awaits you.

This post on Glory Glory is interesting

Greg understands the only necessary rule about being an "away fan", so to speak, on another club's message board............which is, don't spend half your time on that board trying to defend or big up your club. He also understands that, no matter how thoughtful, rational or factual his posts on the subject of Newcastle Utd might be, there will be certain posters on here who won't want to hear it and certain times when no posters on here want to hear it. So he leaves it be. If someone slags off Newcastle on here, it's water off a duck's back to him. He rises above it, however much he might be tempted to set that person straight.

If you have a butchers at Red Cafe (Man Utd forum) or Villa Talk, you'll see a regular poster called GlastonSpur who gets involved in any discussion about Spurs. He finds himself perpetually responding to Utd or Villa fans who criticize / take the piss out of Spurs. What he posts is usually accurate and articulate. If I posted on those boards, I would be tempted to say much the same as him. He's not a wind up merchant and he doesn't make any especially wild claims about Spurs.

But he is derided and disliked on those boards by the majority of Utd and Villa fans. They find his constant defence of all things Spurs to be tedious. They want to criticize / take the piss out of Spurs because it is their board. And they don't want someone arguing with them every time they do.

Compare and contrast to an occasional Spurs poster on RAWK (Liverpool forum) - Tommy W (who used to be a regular on here). Like Greg, he just goes with the flow. He does post about Spurs on there but he rides with the criticism and the piss-takes. He doesn't try to fight it. Consequently, he is generally liked and respected and if any of them ever do want to ask a serious question about Spurs, they value his input.

Manc in London is, unfortunately for him, the equivalent of GlastonSpur on this board. He doesn't think he is being unreasonable or a WUM. And, by strict definition, he is neither. But normal rules don't apply on another club's message board. He needs to understand that, when in Rome...........

Oh, and Greg? It's not just that he doesn't get bogged down in arguments about Newcastle Utd. It's also the fact that he's been here so long and contributed so fully that he's now part of the furniture. A chair, if you like - albeit a ginger coloured tub chair that looks (is) pissed and occasionally blurts "howay".

You can read all that and maybe some truth in that, but i lose all respect for someone like Glaston who disappears when things dont go Spurs way. I would respect him if he admitted that Gomes isn't as good as Friedel, and Dos Santos isn't and ever will be as good as Young, no matter how well he played against Norwich in a pre season friendly.

Glaston used to be liked here a few years ago. We aspired to be like Spurs. Lots of English based players and pushing the top 4 to the limit. Even now i would like Spurs to finish 4th ahead of Citeh or the bin dippers. But Glaston never sees anything wrong, i guess he does when he doesn't turn up, who knows.

Thanks for your kind words Joey.

Glaston however is a frigging deginerate that soils the semi decent name of your club. Just type glaston into google and a world of absolute hilarity awaits you.

This post on Glory Glory is interesting

Greg understands the only necessary rule about being an "away fan", so to speak, on another club's message board............which is, don't spend half your time on that board trying to defend or big up your club. He also understands that, no matter how thoughtful, rational or factual his posts on the subject of Newcastle Utd might be, there will be certain posters on here who won't want to hear it and certain times when no posters on here want to hear it. So he leaves it be. If someone slags off Newcastle on here, it's water off a duck's back to him. He rises above it, however much he might be tempted to set that person straight.

If you have a butchers at Red Cafe (Man Utd forum) or Villa Talk, you'll see a regular poster called GlastonSpur who gets involved in any discussion about Spurs. He finds himself perpetually responding to Utd or Villa fans who criticize / take the piss out of Spurs. What he posts is usually accurate and articulate. If I posted on those boards, I would be tempted to say much the same as him. He's not a wind up merchant and he doesn't make any especially wild claims about Spurs.

But he is derided and disliked on those boards by the majority of Utd and Villa fans. They find his constant defence of all things Spurs to be tedious. They want to criticize / take the piss out of Spurs because it is their board. And they don't want someone arguing with them every time they do.

Compare and contrast to an occasional Spurs poster on RAWK (Liverpool forum) - Tommy W (who used to be a regular on here). Like Greg, he just goes with the flow. He does post about Spurs on there but he rides with the criticism and the piss-takes. He doesn't try to fight it. Consequently, he is generally liked and respected and if any of them ever do want to ask a serious question about Spurs, they value his input.

Manc in London is, unfortunately for him, the equivalent of GlastonSpur on this board. He doesn't think he is being unreasonable or a wind-up merchant. And, by strict definition, he is neither. But normal rules don't apply on another club's message board. He needs to understand that, when in Rome...........

Oh, and Greg? It's not just that he doesn't get bogged down in arguments about Newcastle Utd. It's also the fact that he's been here so long and contributed so fully that he's now part of the furniture. A chair, if you like - albeit a ginger coloured tub chair that looks (is) pissed and occasionally blurts "howay".

Good post! :thumb:

The way I see it, trying to visit another team's fans' forum and pontificate over your team would be akin to opening a hot dog van in Islamabad.

If you have a butchers at Red Cafe (Man Utd forum) or Villa Talk, you'll see a regular poster called GlastonSpur who gets involved in any discussion about Spurs. He finds himself perpetually responding to Utd or Villa fans who criticize / take the piss out of Spurs. What he posts is usually accurate and articulate. He's not a wind up merchant and he doesn't make any especially wild claims about Spurs.

Claims about how our first titles should be counted because the league was in its infancy is not being a wind up merchant? That's crazy.

Even crazier is the incident where he thinks he's a celebrity or corporation or something and issued that "statement" that he will officially not be responding to personal questions about him, and gave it an accronym. That's kind of off the rockers.

If you have a butchers at Red Cafe (Man Utd forum) or Villa Talk, you'll see a regular poster called GlastonSpur who gets involved in any discussion about Spurs. He finds himself perpetually responding to Utd or Villa fans who criticize / take the piss out of Spurs. What he posts is usually accurate and articulate. He's not a wind up merchant and he doesn't make any especially wild claims about Spurs.

Claims about how our first titles should be counted because the league was in its infancy is not being a wind up merchant? That's crazy.

Yeah, that's exactly what I first thought.

I don't mind Glaston for the most part, he does post a bit of decent stuff. But when he tries to claim half of our titles don't count or that Ledley King is the best defender of his generation.. it's just ridiculous, in my opinion.

Glaston's just a wind up... I've learnt to ignore him. I also saw him saying Gomes is better than Friedel, Villa's defence isn't even comparable to Spurs 1st choice defence with King and Woodgate (even though we've got the best defence in the league wtf?) and that on current form Huddlestone is better than Milner. With all these claims he makes you would of thought Spurs would be some sort of big club who were always finishing in the top 4 and playing in Champions League... oh wait.

Yeah he's following me too! If that is him. Even by his standards his Twitter posts are either very tongue-in-cheek or delusional

I know its not him lol he follows way to many Villa fans.

Â