Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im swedish so a bit biased, but i thought svennis did a good job at england, it probably was about the right time for him to leave though

in fairness havent actually improved performances since when he left

If 'Arry was England manager i would find it very difficult to watch England games and support the national side.

That may be childish and stupid, but that's honestly how I'd feel.

Even if he did amazingly and we won the world cup, it would feel tainted.

This is how I feel with Capello in charge.

Winning the Euros with Capello (a foreign manager) wouldn't feel the same as winning with an Englishman in charge (it would feel worse.)

There's no pride in winning with a foreign manager.

I'd rather try and fail with an English manager.

For example, if I had to choose between Allardyce and Mourinho for England manager, I'd choose Big Sam every time...

so after harry was complaining the other day about the involvement of the media during the transfer window, how its unsettling to clubs and players and how things should be kept private etc, hes spent the past 2 days hanging out his car window giving interviews about all the deals spurs were involved in long before they were finalised. they seem to show him every 30 mins on SSN. such a hypocrite

No that can't be true GlastonSpur said it was "nailed on" that he would be at Spurs next season. :lol:

Yes, I did. And you were saying?

Not the way you envisioned it though eh?

Remember you bragging about how he would not want to leave and had no reason to leave.

It was certainly a lot closer than you thought and you clearly sat up sweating until the deadline had passed so you could post that smug comment.

How about this one? Luca Modric has less than 1 year left at Tottenham Hotspur football club.

I think they will live to regret their stance on Modric, Levy made a statement and was then forced to stick to it when in reality I think they would have been better to have sold him. He is a decent player but he is, never has been and never will be worth £40m which Chelsea offered yesterday and put simply they should have snapped their **** hands off.

Levy though had made a rod for his own back but I think its been obvious listening to Redknapp for a couple of weeks that he was keen to sell and 'wheel and deal' just don't tell him I said that ;)

I think they have made a huge mistake.

I agree with all of that.

£40m is crazy money for a player who doesn't want to be there, it would have been the second highest transfer in British history. They could have turned around and spent that on 3 very good players though perhaps the offer came too late to reinvest.

Also, a foreign manager has never won the World Cup.

Regards Modric, I'm very pleased that Spurs made him stay.

Too much player power these days.

Well done Daniel Levy.

If Downing had 5 years left on his contract (as Modric does) then I would have liked to have seen us take the same stance as Spurs did.

Also, found this quote from Modric on Wikipedia

Tottenham Hotspur gave me my chance in the Premier League and I want to go on to achieve great success here with them. Yes, there have been enquiries from other big clubs, but I have no interest in going anywhere. Last season's Top 4 finish was an indication of where we are as a Club and I feel I can continue to improve and go on to achieve everything I want to at Spurs

Glad to see you kept your word Luka :winkold:

Also, a foreign manager has never won the World Cup.

Regards Modric, I'm very pleased that Spurs made him stay.

Too much player power these days.

Well done Daniel Levy.

If Downing had 5 years left on his contract (as Modric does) then I would have liked to have seen us take the same stance as Spurs did.

Also, found this quote from Modric on Wikipedia

Tottenham Hotspur gave me my chance in the Premier League and I want to go on to achieve great success here with them. Yes, there have been enquiries from other big clubs, but I have no interest in going anywhere. Last season's Top 4 finish was an indication of where we are as a Club and I feel I can continue to improve and go on to achieve everything I want to at Spurs

Glad to see you kept your word Luka :winkold:

I agree, nice to see a club stand up for itself. He was happy to sign the long term contract with extra earnings, so he should show some honour. If you keep letting players bully you into leaving, then you are setting a precedence and you can expect it to keep happening.

I think Spurs have lost out big in this deal.

They have an unhappy player, who is now disliked by the fans. They've lost out on 40m, which will never be available again. They've missed out on the chance to use that 40m to pay for a top striker.

And all for what? A bit of kudos for defeating "player power"? Don't make me laugh.

I think Spurs have lost out big in this deal.

They have an unhappy player, who is now disliked by the fans. They've lost out on 40m, which will never be available again. They've missed out on the chance to use that 40m to pay for a top striker.

And all for what? A bit of kudos for defeating "player power"? Don't make me laugh.

It's great for my point of view.

All of those things you've listed don't affect me since I don't support Spurs.

But I'm happy that Spurs have held firm.

To what end? To keep a player who doesn't want to play for them? It's not as if Chelsea's offer was peanuts, far from it. It makes no sense to keep him, other than for (as I said) kudos, and to show you've got more self-pride than sense.

Â